Which Social Channel has helped you most? đź’°

It will be nice to know in terms of:

1. Visibility
  2. Sales
  3. Referrals

Wich social channel or channels had helped you most.

We’re a new team in this fantastic community and, as most of new authors here, we’re opening social media channels to expand our visibility still not knowing exactly what we’re going to get from them. The thing is, there’s a lot of options available, and will be very helpful to share our insights about what have worked/not worked for you.

At Snail Music, for example, opened an account on:

1. Facebook
  2. Soundcloud
  3. Youtube
  4. Twitter
  5. LinkedIn

While we want to focus our future attention in the first 3 for obvious reasons (traffic), also tried Twitter and LinkedIn to see what we can get from there as a side mini-social-projects.

Of course, we know this is only a tiny part of the marketing side of the business on Audiojungle and this has to be complemented with other important actions (as design & brand, community…) but in this topic we want to focus only on social.

What has worked or not worked for you? How much knowledge you had about this social channels that worked? How many time you dedicate to them?

Thank you all very much for your answers! :slight_smile:

Up. No one?

edit: missed that topic for audio, but for graphics the following works great:

1. facebook
  2. pinterest
  3. tumblr
1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

According to analytics page I get the most page views from Soundcloud and Twitter. Facebook is completely useless for me but who knows - maybe something will change in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @BartoMusic, really useful, because I was thinking Facebook could bring traffic, but it makes sense that Soundcloud brings much more! Interesting thing that Twitter too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also get viewers from soundcloud and Twitter…

I agree that Soundcloud is a good channel, but I think that if you can make collaboration and post it on Youtube this would be more than helpful.

:grinning:

1 Like

Collaboration is a great method, but now its hard to find videohive authors, who want make collab)… I think so…

While that is soundcloud. But I have high hopes for Facebook too.

1 Like

Thank you all! @GEGMusic why is it hard right now to find collaborations? That’s interesting…

Videohive authors are tired of taking constant requests for cooperation from Audiojungle authors, so just don’t respond to them! ))

1 Like

For me, Facebook brings the most sales. SoundCloud and YouTube have more plays/views but seemingly less percentage of actual buyers. Twitter is still a question mark in my book but I’m probably not doing anything right there, just posting links to new items clearly isn’t the way to go. Without any real experience of my own (other than failing), I would recommend following the advice of Gary Vaynerchuk, which is, basically, building real, emotional relationships with your actual clients and market a compelling story of your brand, rather than just spamming social networks with links and anonymous calls to action. Social networks are “social” for a reason, they’re not bulletin boards or sterile ad space. It makes real sense what Gary is advocating, although - disclaimer - I haven’t got around to try it on my own.

3 Likes

AJ autors can use videohive preview with their music on youtube. Of course you need to specify a link to a video that is using.

1 Like
  1. Youtube
  2. Facebook
  3. Soundcloud
  4. Twitter
  5. Web-site
1 Like

Nice! So, Facebook is also working for some!

Thank you for that useful tip @Stockwaves, I knew Gary Vaynerchuk from seeing one or two of his videos, but I will take a look closer to what he says. This also comes along with what Ali Mese preaches lately: to have side projects that give your clients real value (instead of annoying them through ads) can give you a much greater return of your marketing efforts.

1.Youtube
2.Soundcloud
This two bring the most traffic to my music

But my Website Collections help me to get some refferal income.

I think facebook, twiiter and tumblr are not the best socials to promote my music, I can’t undrstand wheather they work or not… May be I’m using them in a wrong way

And some words about G+. It’s not bring much traffic, but it’s easier to make good contacts with some interesting people there…

@Stockwaves, how do you use facebook? Do you post your items to a lot of groups, or you just post them on your page? Thanks

1 Like

Great! Has sense that Youtube and Soundcloud are the ones to bring more traffic if we’re on the music industry.

Nice website by the way! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Youtube
Facebook
Soundcloud
Twitter
Google+
Yahoo
Instagram

1 Like

Thanks) yours is cool too)

1 Like