Where to Find EXISTING API Key

I am not an author but don’t know where else to ask this. I’m trying to use the Envato Toolkit plugin to keep stuff up-to-date since they don’t do so via the normal WP addon repository. I have generated lots of API Tokens in the past but where do I find the API Key when I’ve already generated the token? Every forum points to the Token generation page—I’ve already done that. Where is the site key? Are we just SOL if we don’t write it down?

Hi,

You can create your api key from here

Follow these steps to fetch your API Key:

1. Go to https://build.envato.com/create-token/.
  2. Choose a token name.
  3. In the permissions list below, make sure to check ‘View and search Envato sites’ and ‘View your Envato Account username’.
  4. Then, click Create Token .

An API token is not associated with a specific purchase; it is associated with your account, so all your purchases are accessible using the API.

Thanks!

Hi @mpturner,

Once you generate a token and are provided the value, you can no longer retrieve it (there’s a little confirmation box that states this before you can continue). We cannot retrieve the token value for you either; as soon as you dismiss the page with the token value it’s gone forever (we only keep a hashed version of it for the backend to use).

The good news is that you can easily regenerate a new token at any time and use that instead.

If you need to keep your token value handy, a good idea is to add it to a password vault (a few examples are 1Password, LastPass, Dashlane). They will store it securely, but allow you to access it any time.

1 Like