What is the scope of support on codecanyon ?

Hi,
i have an item on codecanyon build with a tool (CMS), so i encourage my customer to let me handle custom job on it since i know work it work. Sometime their don’t, and try to “hard code” the item.
The issue is : When a customer edit an item, and come back to report an issue that he created. how can i provide support ?

I beleive when customer edit script, this should void support (technical support).

Are you an author ? how to you handle that ?

I do not support the customer if they have made any modifications. Inside my documentation I have this bullet point:

If you have customized your system and now have an issue, back-track to make sure you didn’t make a mistake. If you have made changes and can’t find the issue, please provide us with your changelog.

I’ve only had the issue twice, and both were resolved amicably - and both times with the user realising what mistake they made.

This works only if the customers has a change log. I got two customers who want to perform hard coding on my item. And had issue ask me to solve… they changed completely the database columns names. And all other stuffs within source code. I explained the fact I can’t due to changes provide useful support. Hope I’m not doing thing wrong.

You have repository of some sorts right? client in theory could show you customized version and you could run diff with your source code.

But of course I would bill for this separately.