What is the difference between themeforest and elements envato?

Please tell me what is the difference between buying a specific WordPress theme (https://themeforest.net/item/cvcard-wp-responsive-vcard-theme/7476245?s_rank=24) for $59 and purchase a subscription (https://elements.envato.com/ru/cvcard-animated-vcard-resume-wordpress-theme-WA2XYEN) for $33? It seems that the subscription is more profitable because of the difference in price and access to all templates.

1 Like

Hi @woobid,

Envato Elements provide a subscription based service for unlimited downloads where Envato Market (like themeforest, codecanyon, graphicriver etc ) is marketplace to sell individual items. In envato market there is no subscription service.

Here’s the current list of All available Items in Elements, just use search functionality at top to find any specific Item.

If you like, you can certainly purchase the Item license from Envato Market which will come with 6 months of Author support and lifetime free update download.

Thanks

1 Like

mgscoder, If this template is available in themeforest and elements, then where is it more profitable to buy?
Did I understand correctly that there is no lifetime update in elements, there is only an update during the subscription period? And themeforest has a lifetime update.

Yes, you understand the right things. The main difference is Envato Market which will come with 6 months of Author support and lifetime free update download. where elements item don’t come with support from the author and lifetime update download features. Also all envato market items not included in elements. But if you think about price then elements can be profitable. So, you have to make your own decision which one you will need.

2 Likes

Elements is amazing for quick prototyping and for small, personal, and short-term projects.

But because updates aren’t included after your subscription ends, you should definitely consider purchasing a ThemeForest license for any serious and long-term projects. After all, updates ensure compatibility with future WordPress and PHP versions, and sometimes fix security vulnerabilities.

With that said, it’s important to note that updates are not guaranteed on ThemeForest either. The guarantee is that you will have access to those updates, with a ThemeForest license, when (if) they become available.

The theme you’re looking at (cvCard - great author, by the way!) has been updated regularly for more than 7 years, so if you’re looking at building a long-term project, definitely go with the ThemeForest license. But for a short-term and one-off resume to land a job? Elements is probably ideal in that case.

Just my two cents! :blush:
Cheers!

3 Likes

Please tell me if I understand correctly that when I selected a theme for WordPress, on the theme page, click download> create new project> enter the site address, right?

What is the maximum number of projects I can create?

Why, after creating a project in the My Downloads tab, I
I see the status of the topic: Trial?

There is no limit to the number of projects, just make sure that you license each project properly as this is an important factor in how authors are compensated for their work. :wink:

Regarding the “trial”, it sounds like you might have clicked the wrong button? When creating a project license you will see this dialog:

Click the red “Add & Download” button after choosing the project name to license it. If you click the blue “Or download without license” link below it, then you will download the item as a “Trial” and are expected to go back and add a project name if you decide to use the item.

Thanks for the detailed answer. And how exactly do you license each project correctly? What should be the name of the project? And what information about my site should be specified in the project?

I studied the page: License Terms — Envato Elements but I could not find the answers to my questions.

How exactly do you license each project correctly? What should be the name of the project? And what information about my site should be specified in the project?

I studied the page: License Terms — Envato Elements but I could not find the answers to my questions.

For example, you are collecting/downloading item(s) for your website then you can assign your download item to your website (mean website main title can be your project name). Simply assign your downloading item(s) to your project where you would like to use them.

1 Like