What heppened to userpro plugin

I have purchases uropro plugin last week and today i notice that Item No Longer Available

If your purchase was with in 5 days, you can contact Envato Support for Refund otherwise contact the author to send you the latest file.

I bought the plugin on 17th so i guess i can’t ask for refund

Open a ticket and see - it depends on individual cases I think

I bought this just recently and am still in the process of integrating it into a new site. The authors didn’t state anywhere that they were on the verge of abandoning it and they’re still selling add-ons for it on CodeCanyon. I know they had no obligation to update and support it indefinitely but I can’t help feeling that without an announcement of their intentions, I’ve kind of been ripped off…

WTF !! no more UserPro ? I bought the plugin last Month

Addon are still for sale whereas core plugin is gone

I guess envato removed it. And not the author. Maybe there Is a Security Issue with the plugin ans it was taken down until resolved.

I really hate it when purchases are deleted. I bought over 100 items ob the marketplaces and many of them are gone now. Envato Should at least enable us to download the purchases. Even when deleted so we have the Last version. With over 100 purchases you just can’t always download every updated product immediately.

I hate this deleting Policy so much!! -.-

Hope userpro will Return soon

That is somehow like Buying a car, you make a Photo of it - because you like it - Drive a few miles with it and Then suddenly the car Is gone and all that is left Is the Photo. If you want to Drive - a Photo is useless. ???

At least there Should be a specific Statement why the download Is removed and by who!

We want to know what happen please!

I personally feel very vulnerable right now… What if they left us after getting a large user database and now they are plotting a backdoor worm in their software/update?

What if Envato dropped their plugin and they get pissed and back fire on us?

Regardless of the situation, I feel like envato handled it very poorly. They should have at least let all of the buyers know what is going on, and maybe even compensate for the software.

I was planning on getting some other scripts, now I feel like I just got a heads up of how easily I can be left hanging with my money eaten. What if I buy another script and same thing happens? Their 5 day rule and such seem to be a little ridiculous. Why not just take the credits back from the author payout balance and give us back our money?

Thanks, I would appreciate some clarifications.

It may just be temporarily disabled while the author fixes any bugs. Have you tried contacting the author?

charlie4282 said

It may just be temporarily disabled while the author fixes any bugs. Have you tried contacting the author?

I have not, a little occupied with work right now. However, I did check their forums and such, I did not see anything at the time. If it was their bug or issue, then why not just make a patch warning to users?

I Just contacted userpro support. Here Is what they Said:

"Hi,

Apologies for thr inconvenience caused .

The plugin is undergoing a few major changes , so it is off the air for now. Should be back in action soon. Look out for the update notification.

Thanks

Regards ,
Nishtha"

I’m using this on a client site, and was about to buy another license to use it on another. Hopefully they’ll get it back online as there isn’t anything else with the same features available.

I think this could have been handled better by Envato and the author instead of letting us find out by accident - they’ve sold over a thousand copies so there’s a lot of customers feeling pretty vulnerable now.

Well, probably is a coincidence, but last week I was complaining to the author(s) (and not for the first time), on the plugin comments page, for a major problem in the plugin that I had just discovered: hidden and private fields were actually included in page, but hidden via a display:none in the css… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

That was only my last complaint, cause IMHO (please read again, IMHO) the code quality of this plugin is really, really poor. I have really fought with this plugin in the last 5 months cause I was in the middle of big work and I was reluctant to leave the plugin and restart all customization again with another, but the number of fixes and patches and enhancements I’ve made has become bigger every day (for ex: the plugin was contacting the author server to check for update ON EVERY REQUEST: you can imagine what happened when the userpro server has been put down for maintenance for about a week …).

Last but not least, reading posts on userpro forums (by the way, the forum also has been closed), there was someone talking about the fact that the author had found a permanent job and sold the plugin to others. In the last weeks indeed, there were several fixes to the plugin that seemed to have a different quality in development (IMHO, pleas remember, IMHO!).
Well, just to make a long story short, I hope the plugin will return available and will receive really a big code refactoring, but I’m rather pessimistic about it.

That’s my very personal opinion.

||+1238189|w3b-beweb said-|| for ex: the plugin was contacting the author server to check for update ON EVERY REQUEST: you can imagine what happened when the userpro server has been put down for maintenance for about a week ...

Thanks for the information - did you find a fix to stop it doing this? I’m concerned what could happen if the plugin is permanently discontinued.

||+1238189|w3b-beweb said-|| Last but not least, reading posts on userpro forums (by the way, the forum also has been closed), there was someone talking about the fact that the author had found a permanent job and sold the plugin to others.

Very worrying. I think this is a wake-up call for me, I won’t be using Codecanyon products in client websites in future.

Can we request support staff to answer the reason why this plugin is discontinue

familychoice said

Thanks for the information - did you find a fix to stop it doing this? I’m concerned what could happen if the plugin is permanently discontinued.

It was fixed in version 2.25.1

Version 2.25.1(24 Feb 2015)

- Fixed Bug : Fixed the auto-update notifier call. A version check can be done via a button instead
familychoice said

Very worrying. I think this is a wake-up call for me, I won’t be using Codecanyon products in client websites in future.

Well, I’m using 5/6 CodeCanyon products and that’s the first time I see something like this going on. Specially on a product with about 1k sales… speechless.

indicator said

Can we request support staff to answer the reason why this plugin is discontinue

Yes, we can, but I think Code Canyon does not force a developer to specify a reason when he decides to remove a product.