Web Designer Day campaign FAQs

General information

What is the Web Designer Day Campaign?

We’re running a Web Designer Day Sale campaign, showcasing a selection of ~250 best selling and fresh new items from ThemeForest, GraphicRiver, AudioJungle, CodeCanyon and VideoHive on a dedicated campaign landing page. The campaign will feature a selection of author-nominated items that are offered at a 40% discount off their normal sale price AND a selection of author-nominated Free items.

The campaign landing page will be promoted through Envato’s marketing channels, including on-site promotion, email, social media and affiliates.

Timeline of events

Web Designer Day is celebrated on the 31st of May, but our sale will run for a full week. See the timeline below.

• Wednesday, April 24: We launch the nomination process (you’re reading it right now!)
  • Sunday, May 12: Item nominations close.
  • Monday, May 20: We will inform the authors of selected items and provide more details via email.
  • Tuesday, May 28: The campaign begins, and promotional prices are automatically applied to selected items.
  • Tuesday, June 4: Promotional campaign ends.

Nominating items

Are there minimum sales requirements for items in this campaign?

No. This campaign does not require minimum sales or ratings for item nominations. Both will factor into our decision on what to feature on the landing page, but there are no sales criteria required to nominate an item.

How do I nominate a Free File for this campaign?

Use the current (APR-JUN) Free File Nominations threads on the forums:

How do I nominate a Discounted File for this campaign?

Follow the instructions in these threads:

Item selection

How and when will I be told if my item(s) are chosen to be on the landing page?

We will contact all authors whose items are selected for promotion on the landing page by Monday 20th May.

What if my item isn’t chosen to be on the landing page?

We will only contact authors whose items have been selected for promotion on our campaign page. However, we anticipate an increase in traffic to all marketplaces, so you can still participate by managing in your item price onsite if you wish.

What if I want to withdraw my nomination?

If you’ve changed your mind, please contact us at communitymarketing@envato.com and we will remove your item nomination.

If my item is selected will it remain on the landing page throughout the entire promotion?

Probably! We’ll be periodically reviewing the page to make sure we’re putting our best foot forward in promoting great deals for our customers. Items which don’t meet the promotional criteria will be automatically removed from the promotion (but will of course remain for sale on Envato Market), plus to maintain a cohesive ‘look and feel’ we reserve the right to add or remove items from the landing page for any reason in our sole discretion.

How are items selected?

All items nominated must meet the criteria selection on the nomination threads. Items for the promotional page will then be chosen by the Envato Marketing team.

Who is responsible for changing the price of items?

All item prices will be automatically changed at the beginning of the Campaign sale, between 10am and 2pm (AEST) on 28th May 2019. After the promotion ends, you may want to leave a discount in place, manually return the item’s price to its original level, or set a different price altogether. As with all pricing decisions under our Author-Driven Pricing policy, that’s entirely up to you.

I changed my item price. Can I still be included in the campaign?

Envato Market items can only be advertised as having a discount (e.g. “40% off”) if the item has been sold at a consistent price point for at least the last 30 days. You are free to change your prices in any way, under our Author-Driven Pricing rules. However, if you change your item price within the 30 day period from April 28th - May 28th, that item will not be eligible to appear in this campaign. Similarly, any items that change price during the campaign period will be assumed to opt out of the campaign, and will be immediately removed from the campaign landing page.

Any other questions?

If you’ve got any related questions, just reply to this forum topic :slight_smile: Everything you post here will be read by our team. Anything pertinent and/or important will be added to the FAQs, and we’ll post updates when new questions and answers have been added.

8 Likes

What is the sell required for Discount Items ? 250 ?

Good question! We have removed the minimum rating and minimum sales criteria for this campaign.

Sales and ratings will both be considered when our Campaigns team select the items to feature on the landing page, but they are not compulsory for item nominations. We’d like to feature a mix of high-performing and fresh new items in this campaign.

EDIT: I’ve just added this one to the FAQ in the first post :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ben, in the form for filling, I see the display rating as mandatory (with a red asterisk). I mean for the campaign at a discount.

4 Likes

I thought I’d already removed that one - good catch :slight_smile: I’ve made it an optional question on all the nomination forms.

2 Likes

I always get involved into this campaign but I am never get chosen, is there something extra that I have to do :slight_smile:

Hey @BenLeong, I just submitted more than 3 items because I didn’t see that there is a maximum of 3 items and I tried to send an email to the email specified above ( communitymarketing@envato.com ) and I got an automated reply back saying:

Hi there! The Community Marketing email account is only monitored during major campaign periods such as Cyber Monday, Mega March and the Envato Birthday campaign.

If you have urgent questions, please open a support ticket via http://enva.to/help.

Please let me know what I should do in this case, and sorry for the mistake

No maximum on number of nominated items - we’re experimenting with a few different mechanics this time (removing the nomination limit, rating and sales requirements).

We’ll be trying to feature a range of different authors on the landing page, though - so adding huge numbers of items won’t increase your chances of being added to the campaign :slight_smile: Looking at the nominations so far, it looks like most people have nominated 1-5 items each.

Hi There Guys

I got the email but the date is wrong

Thanks for letting us know! The dates in this FAQ thread should be considered the official ones (launch on May 28, wrap on June 4)

Also, we had some amazing items nominated this time - several thousand files, across the five marketplaces! Emails have now gone out to all the authors who have been selected for this campaign.

If you missed out this time, please keep an eye out for the next campaign - I will be posting details on that one later on today.

Hello Ben,

Is there any official graphics to use for promotional material or we should use our own?

Thank you

Hi @artbees! Sorry for the late reply - I’ve been sick for the last few days. There are no official graphics for authors or affiliates this time, so you can feel free to use your own.

I have also updated the FAQ to add this item, as we’ve received several emails and messages asking about it:

I changed my item price. Can I still be included in the campaign?

Envato Market items can only be advertised as having a discount (e.g. “40% off”) if the item has been sold at a consistent price point for at least the last 30 days. You are free to change your prices in any way, under our Author-Driven Pricing rules. However, if you change your item price within the 30 day period from April 28th - May 28th, that item will not be eligible to appear in this campaign. Similarly, any items that change price during the campaign period will be assumed to opt out of the campaign, and will be immediately removed from the campaign landing page.

A few items have had to be removed from the campaign due to recent price changes, which is always unfortunate - however, we’re running a lot of new marketing initiatives this year, so you will have many other chances to get involved in our promotions.

@BenLeong how is campaign landing page ? i don’t get it while price reduct already .

Hi @anhvnit!

Automated price changes for the campaign are being processed at the moment, but there are delays for a few items as we’re manually clearing some cached data. Once the full list has been updated, I’ll be sending out an email to all participating authors with the URL.

Hey Ben!
Are there any banners to use for promotion or we should we make our own?

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Just saw your answer to this question, sorry for the repeating :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please update video-preview on my item https://videohive.net/item/youtube-intro/23334291
(it`s outdated and does not match the content after last update)

also image preview.

thanks

Hello! I received 3 emails “Inclusion in the Web Designer Day marketing campaign” about 3 items.
But now, when campaign is now officially underway, I see only 2 items included in sale.

Why was this happened?