Using Photos from The Whitehouse for preview

Hey guys,

Can we use images from The White House http://flickr.com/photos/whitehouse … in demo preview? those licensed under Public Domain Mark 1.0 but i need to make sure that our my won’t get disabled for using images containing political persons.

I’ve already checked market policy and know that we can’t use famous people in preview even when those photos are licensed under CC0 or Public Domain Mark 1.0 (and allow commercial purposes).

Also, to avoid copyright issues, i think i will blur out their faces and i’ll be safe to use 'em. This is not violated market policy right?

Tell me what’s your opinions.

Better not to use it, Envato doesn’t want to get involved any copyright issue so probably you’ll get a rejection message to change/remove the images

How about blurring out faces idea? What do you think?

What’s the point of using them?

Regardless of blurring faces you cannot use any of these pictures.

It clearly says:

“These official White House photographs are being made available for publication by news organizations and/or for personal use printing by the subject(s) of the photographs. The photographs may not be used in materials, advertisements, products, or promotions that in any way suggest approval or endorsement of the President, the First Family, or the White House.”

1 Like

Got it!, i just read this in about tab.