Upgrading Avada Theme

Hi. My company is updating from one Avada theme “Child” to Avada Law. The thing is the developer downloaded the new theme on the same server and it has overridden the existing theme.

We’ve contacted our Server Hosts and rolled back to reinstall the existing site until we get the new stagging site up and running. But the new Advada them keeps overwriting the existing one.

Can anyone advise why this maybe still happening once we have rolled back?

We have instructed the developers to stage the new theme on a separate server to mitigate this, but presently the problem above keeps happening with the new theme overwriting

Hi

I am not sure but I can guess your developer has imported the demo for ‘Avada Law’ and your database hs changed. So, you are getting new imported content instead your website main content. Ask your develper about it and if you interested contact webhosting support to get back old database.

I would strongly recommend please keep a full backup before doing any update or major change. Also please contact your purchased theme author to get any technical support becaise they are best about their theme finctionality.

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like