Thinking about the future at Audiojungle

This is the first time, since registering at Audiojungle, I contemplate on leaving the market, or at least stop uploading new stuff. About a year ago sales just steadily dropped for me, and it never recovered. It has now come to the point I’ve only sold three (!) items since the beginning of the month, and we’re almost halfway through october!

Even uploading new stuff seems to not do anything for my ‘visibility’. I know there were a lot of changes and tweaks in the search engine last year, don’t know if that’s the reason, but it seems it has affected my sales dramatically.

I’ll try and turn it around by uploading some more stuff until the end of the year, but if it hasn’t changed by then, I don’t see the point to continue anymore.

Cheers, Flowsopher

1 Like

Hey man! Don’t give up! Those guys in technical support/SEO/review team, they see
these horrible divide between “before” and “after”, and low sales affects negatively on their income too. Obviously, something will change in future!

1 Like

Hey Pilotaudio, I hope so. We’ll see!

1 Like

I read with great interest what @Flowsopher wrote about and I agree with what was said. It is indeed frustrating and then within an hour I sold a 10 million license. This may come across as bragging which I most certainly am not doing. The Halloween season is upon us and I have focussed my output to produce a range of interesting material for potential buyers so we shall see how the next two weeks go but I may follow suit and postpone my musical output.

4 Likes

So… as about my vision… let’s be as creative as we could do this without focusing on money.

6 Likes

World doesn’t revolve around AJ only. No sense to be frustrated. Think about that…

2 Likes

Hey @Flowsopher

As I can see, you have uploaded only 3 items during last 2 months. I think it is very little to expect serious sales. And you are working in highly competitive genre (hip-hop). To have big sales you have to work hard. Try to emphasize importance of your production skills and not only in one genre.

Regards,
BMC

3 Likes

True, but that has always been the case, and never resulted in such low sales. And to be honest, even though hiphop as a genre may be competitive, I’m not finding a whole lot of oldschool samplebased stuff, that has been my niche market.

@DPmusicStudio I have never used AJ as a viable source of income, so it’s not that big of a deal. It’s more of a side project. Would like to see some results, though, or what’s the point of uploading?

If I’m reading all the stories in the AJ sales monitor thread, I’m definitely not the only one that noticed a big shift.

This is the first time, since registering at Audiojungle, I contemplate on leaving the market, or at least stop uploading new stuff. About a year ago sales just steadily dropped for me, and it never recovered. It has now come to the point I’ve only sold three (!) items since the beginning of the month, and we’re almost halfway through october!

Even uploading new stuff seems to not do anything for my ‘visibility’. I know there were a lot of changes and tweaks in the search engine last year, don’t know if that’s the reason, but it seems it has affected my sales dramatically.

I’ll try and turn it around by uploading some more stuff until the end of the year, but if it hasn’t changed by then, I don’t see the point to continue anymore.

Cheers, Flowsopher

to a great regret your words make sense!:sweat:

2 Likes

Hi! Do not worry about it! There is always a time of low sales, but we must do what we must! Moreover, the tracks are laid out and bring at least some sort of income and they do not ask to eat and drink! Good luck! :grinning:

3 Likes

I think it’s about ups and downs… I try to upload so many tracks as I can… I think it’s about perseverance, and overall, loving all you do,
keep doing and good luck with new sales!

1 Like

I’d be careful to make generalizations just from the Sales Monitor thread. It’s probably not a representative sample of sales (i.e. it’s likely that more people who don’t have sales post than those who do have sales).

If I were you I’d do a simple cost/benefit analysis of your AudioJungle experience. Instead of focusing and stressing about overall sales, calculate the amount of time, money, and effort it takes you to produce a single track and estimate the projected revenue from that track. It’s possible that a track will only sell a few times, but for many, $30 earned is worth it to produce a track.

In the end, if the amount you make on your music outweighs the cost of making and submitting it, it’s worth submitting (even if you earn less than you’d like to make). AJ is just a publisher - a tool, if you will - that you can use if its worth it.

2 Likes

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your reply. Sure, it’s probably true more people with negative stories tend to post in the sales monitor thread. That doesn’t change the fact a lot of people noticed a sudden drop in sales overnight. Again, for me it’s more of an inconvenience than a real problem, but for people who are more dependant on AJ income, it’s a real bummer.

1 Like

Chin up mate. I’ve always digged your portfolio!

Your brand of oldschool, sample based hip-hop instrumentals would probably do better in a bigger library that specializes in the genre. I can’t drop names here but search out some of the big boys and try and get in touch with them.

In my opinion, uploading 3 tracks in 2 months should be more than enough to keep things ticking over. I’ve never believed in being a slave to the upload and when writing in a specific genre such as yourself I don’t really see the point…

I hope things pick up for you here on AJ, if not I’m sure you’ll do well elsewhere.

3 Likes

Hi Music2Sync,

Thanks for the kind words, means a lot coming from an elite author like yourself! I’ve always known my stuff isn’t the most commercially interesting, but it always attracted a specific and somewhat steady customer base. Let’s just hope things are picking up soon!

1 Like

That seems to be the future using this software.

audiojungle dies :confused:

Programs that generate music in automatic mode are quite possible. But personally I do not believe that they are able to compete with the music created by man! Music is about emotions, moods, feelings! No robot can do it. Of course, you can create a composer application, but can you call “music” the product of its work? I don’t think so. The Envato market is changing, like everything around. We do not always like these changes, but changes = development and progress.We have to adapt and keep pace with the times. What I’m really curious about is what style will shortly replace DUBSTEP and FUTURE BASS)))

1 Like

Let’s try something like UKU BASS and CLAPSTEP? :joy:

3 Likes

Maby CORPOMATIC)))

2 Likes