Theme Upload Error: "Are you sure you want to do this? Please Try Again"

In regards to the thread below titled: “Are you sure you want to do this? Please Try Again”.
This issue has not been resolved for me despite following all advice on here including FTP uploading. The theme (456Market eCommerce Wordpress Theme) refuses to upload. I really need assistance & new ideas please.

upload the zip file from control panel to root:
home/yoursite name/public_html/wp-content/theme/
upload there and extract… after that delete the zip file…
go to wp-admin… and continue… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Simple when you know how! Thanks a tonne for this!

In my case the problem was the theme was taking very long to upload when I was uploading it directly through appearance as it was exceeding the max_execution_time

So I uploaded the zip file of theme through file manager in the themes folder and unzipped it there after which I activated it.

So check your max_upload_size and execution time as well as total memory limit.

I have been scouring the internet to find a solution to the very same problem. I don’t know how many times I’ve tried to upload the Avada theme, and I always end up getting the same failure message as stated above. However, I have absolutely no experience with WordPress, nor the jargon that is being used :frowning: In fact, I bought a domain name and hosting because I wanted to learn how to build and maintain a website myself, after having had to rely on “unreliable” web developers. I found an awesome video tutorial online (or so I thought!), and started the process. Now I can’t even begin!!! I truly need help and don’t know where to get it, nor do I know how to apply the solution above (about cPanel and uploading the zip file to root…) - it’s all Chinese to me! Can someone help / point me to a resource that would be helpful? Thank you in advance!!!
Warmly,
Sunny

That error is a hosting issue that can be solved using FTP.

If you log into your hosting admin panel (depending on who you host with) there is usually a tab label FTP accounts where you can create or view the info you need and often here are links either here or in the hosts help area that tell you how to access FTP using a free tool like FileZilla or CyberDuck.

It’s impossible to advise specifically without knowing which host you use.

The alternative is to hire someone to install the theme from www.studio.envato.com just to get you set up so that you can take over learning how to manage and edit the site.

Thanks so much for your response! I truly appreciate it. Oh, and I am with Hostgator - just in case that you have more information and are willing to share it with me :slight_smile:Thank you!!!

http://support.hostgator.com/articles/ftp-getting-started

That was very helpful. Thank you! :pray:t2:

This was perfect! I’m so thankful for your advice because it WORKED! I was so frustrated, and have spent numerous hours trying to figure this out. I was about to demand my money back for my template. Thanks again. You’re awesome. :slight_smile:

Yay - your suggestion just fixed my issue also. I logged into my cpanel, eventually found my theme file :wink: and uploaded Bridge theme there. And it worked!!! Thank you very much to for answering and also to Nathanonn for asking the question.

Worked!!