Theme support asking WP admin credentials

Hi all,

After searching through this forum, I couldn’t find whether it’s ok to share WP admin credentials with the theme author to provide support?

Recently I bought a theme, and it shows some bugs. I tried asking the author to explain the problem/bug, but his response is always, "send me your FTP + your WordPress admin login.

This could be a legit request to find out the root cause, but the fact is that I don’t trust them because I don’t know them. I am looking for your suggestions or ideas on how to deal with this matter?

Theme: Superio – Job Board WordPress Theme by ApusTheme | ThemeForest

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Here is your purchase item author superio item support from @ApusTheme

hope they will helped!

Appreciate your response. However, my question is different. :slight_smile:

The theme support guys keep asking me for WP-Admin login/password and I am not comfortable sharing with unknown people unless I have a contract in place.

How to resolve this issue?

My opinion stay touch with author hope they will solved
Or you can hire some expert programmer from envato studio they can fix your issue.

Thanks. I also hope they understand my reservation.

1 Like

The author ( or support team ) requesting information to solve the problem for you. In most cases, it’s easier to do it rather than explaining how to do it.

2 Likes

I totally understand this could be a genuine intention, but the author should also consider that if something goes wrong on that website/server, who’s responsible for that?

While the fear like this is of course legitimate, it is quite common for authors to ask for WP Admin to solve the issues more quickly. I am just not really sure why he also needs the FTP access though. However, it is very unlikely the author would risk his reputation to do something malicious on your site. But just to be safe, create some sort of guest account in your WP admin and always back up your site (any decent hosting will backup your site automatically for a quick recovery if something goes south).

1 Like