The Sales Monitor

Well my assumption about no customers made on the previous pattern of sales for each item, which was 10-12 sales in 1-3 weeks after item was accepted and not 1 sale per item every 18 days as you suggested. So my view of no sales today is based on previous experience. Statistically speaking you are right, but fundamentally wrong because you trying to implement linear pattern of sales to market that works in flows for most authors cause most people get sales after item is accepted and as times is passing sales will be based on advertising, marketing campaign and overall need of the item in current moment of time. So for me - I got no customers for newly accepted items as before and trying to figure out why and just make joke about it. For you - math don’t lie, this time you just got it wrong but statistically maybe right. As I said, no sense of humor.

17 hours silence and no sale of new works.
This is disturbing in midweek.

Seems like the saying is right… it’s definitely not as funny if you have to explain it. You need to work.on your delivery!

Sorry, busy with spiritual ritual to bring me my customers back, no time to argue :moyai:

2 Likes

The same veery strange situation here :unamused:
Two items are approved - but no sales at all…

It just feels like a decent chunk of people here are under the impression that Envato are pure evil, they don’t have a clue what they’re doing, they’re going to be bankrupt within a year, they’re breaking the law, the Envato marketplace is some kind of giant scam, they’re sales figures are dropping month on month, and/or every word that comes out of their mouths is a blatant lie.

As a result, I think it’s important to point out when people are making assumptions, or using a very small data set to base their opinions on, or when they are downright wrong. When people spread misinformation, it just snowballs and everyone thinks Envato are out to get them , or they’re going the way of the dinosaur.

I had a long private conversation with a guy on here,who strongly believed that all the tax withholding money that Envato are deducting from sales… they’re just keeping that, spending it, and not telling the IRS. He had no evidence whatsoever to support his, but that’s what he believed, and there was no telling him otherwise.

Sorry if that’s coming across as banging everyone on the head, but I’ve never seen so much complaining in all my life! I appreciate that this is people’s livelihoods we’re talking about, so we’re all going to have a vested interest in the decisions that Envato make… but it just feels like Envato is Obama and everyone in the forums are Trump supporters, or Envato is Trump and everyone in the forums are Obama supporters. For want of a better analogy!

3 Likes

1 sale in 3-4 days.

It’s time to work hard on something new and original.

The strange thing here is that many authors have new positions from a week ago and have no sale. Same with me.
This has not happened even when I was a new author.

Well everyone have right to have their own opinion and as for assumptions - we already figured that yours are right only under ideal circumstances. As for complaining, i think as long as forum rules are obliged people are free to express and share their misfortunes and ideas and it is your job as moderator to provide them with information they don’t have if you can and allowed and guide them the right way. Also i think “the decent chunck of people” will think that Envato are pure evil because when they express their opinion they got struck with not so friendly moderator who don’t like them because they are complaining. Don’t take everything personal. Everyone is trying hard to make a living and surely trying their best to make some money, some because they want just to try it, some - because they have no other way to earn money and it will be only natural for them to complain when they don’t understand something. So i to think you should become more friendly and don’t be so personaly attached when someone complains about something.

By the way, my ritual worked… :joy:

Sales are normal here, nothing to complain.
If you go back in 2011 and read this full thread (this might take days) you will notice that sales seem to be bad or average for years now…
I read this thread only when my sales are going low, and sometimes I am really scared looking to my charts.
So I check here if there is a special reason to that, and people never say : “WOW sales are awesome !” but I can guarantee that some days are.
Hard work is the secret for sales. Luck, secret or mystical reasons don’t exist on Envato.

1 Like

I already covered that the perception of sales by individual author is based on previous experience. So when someone say he has no sales he refers not to whole market but to his individual case and his perception on current situation happening to him. I am sure for the time when someone has no sales someone surely has them. For part of the rirual - It was a joke when I got no sales, so if you don’t have sympathy and sense of humor, at least don’t spoil it.

P.S. the only way this thread can really show current satiation in market is that someone from envato analytics team will post here statistic for overall sales and sales trends for atleast 7 day periods including the amount of visitors and convertion rate of amount of sales to overall views.

Bad sales :smiley:
P.S I have only one product.

First days were bad, previous week was good, this week 40% less compared to previous week

Top country- Korea, America-dead… Trump?

1 Like

No sales at all…

1 Like

Very bad week… i think something wrong?

1 Like

Trump effect? Almost no sales.

1 Like

January seems to finish pretty slow for me.

Bad week. 80% drop

1 Like

Good morning! Absolutely… you have the right to your opinion and I have the right to mine! I do fulfill my role as a moderator by providing information that people need and removing/editing posts that need to be. Aside from that, I also have my own opinions as an author, and as a humanoid.

I agree that mine may only be right under ideal circumstances, but a lot of the opinions I see here are also right under ideal circumstances… or ‘not ideal’ as the case may be.

As a result, I will continue to highlight comments that I feel (or know) are incorrect or present an inaccurate view of the situation. Although I will attempt to be more friendly when doing so. I can’t say fairer than that!

Glad the ritual worked. Hope you didn’t have to slaughter too many goats.

2 Likes