The Envato Elite Program is Changing

Our Envato Elite program has now been running for many years and over that time thousands of authors have joined the ranks! It makes us so happy to see authors earning from doing what they love, and this program has helped showcase and celebrate that success!

With each Elite tier come certain rewards, not least of all being our care packages full of fun (and sometimes tasty) treats! Over the last couple of years however, due to changing delivery conditions in many countries, these packs haven’t been finding their way to authors as often as we’d like.

We want to celebrate milestones with as many authors as possible. To get around some of the shipping challenges, we’re going to be moving to a cash-based reward system. This is the first step in a plan to update the Elite program to reflect the changes to Envato that have taken place over the last few years.

Why cash? We’ve been asking authors to share their thoughts about our existing Elite program and the types of rewards they find most valuable, and cash came out on top.

So how will it work? When you reach an Elite tier you will automatically receive a cash reward paid out to your account within 2 months of reaching that tier. It’s as simple as that!

You can see the reward amounts below for each tier. Please note that depending on where your author account is based, these may be subject to withholding tax.

2019-12-19_1501

Although we’ll miss the dream of a space flight and seeing all those Vegemite tasting videos, we’re excited that this change will mean more authors rewarded, more quickly. If you’ve got thoughts or suggestions on other ways we can reward author milestones, we’re very interested to hear them - just let us know below.

These changes will be taking place from the start of February, 2020.

21 Likes

Damn I wanted my coffee mug :frowning:

12 Likes

looks like you added those levels thinking no one will reach anyways and lets put a shiny landing pages :stuck_out_tongue: to tempt upcoming authors.

once you see many people reaching it…found a nice way to get rid of it.

for a author, who made 125,000…125 is nothing (imho) when compared to the feeling of receiving a gift of (tshirt, vegemite, coffe cup, notebook etc )

60 Likes

Hurry to become elite. I have been dreaming about this for a long time

Hello @steve_lam, In my country I received Envato packages normally. Can I choose between the package or the money? Maybe you could allow this choice between the current prize or the money when the author reaches the goal

I also love Envato package, with shirt, badge, pen, mug, chocolate …

26 Likes

Keep your money send me the coffee mug :grin:

24 Likes

I reached level 7 why I didn’t receive it (tshirt, vegemite, coffe cup etc) I dreamed about it when I reached level 7 but didn’t.

7 Likes

I just want Envato to be more interested in the authors

17 Likes

Gift Rewards are feelings and remembrance of a achievement. When ever i see my elite gifts i remember about my efforts in past and feel encouraged to do something better. Cash prize is something that i will never treasure and it means nothing. Cash prize will never be an encouragement.

Envato should focus on solving shipping issues rather then just getting rid of the program itself.

20 Likes

Bad idea. I want to get a t-shirt or a cup, than some money.
These are good memories. I will spend 125 dollars in one day.

12 Likes

People probably expected more cash :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It seems like 25000 usd is equal to space trip…

16 Likes

you’re 100% right

Yeap, we demand coffee mugs. :raised_hands:

5 Likes

When people voted for a cash, they didnt think it would be 75$ lol

35 Likes

What about the authors who have not received their elite pack due to your shipping method. Will they receive cash reward for their due rewards?

6 Likes

Hi,
If you want cash then I will pay you but I want Envato branded gift pack. I am eagerly waiting for this gift from the last 10 months. :cry: :cry:

Thanks!!

5 Likes

Not very encouraging update. Gift is always more desirable. After reaching 500k, $500 doesn’t matter much but encouragement through gift pack matters. Those who don’t get your gift pack can opt for cash reward but for most I guess Gift is more desirable option.

13 Likes

I mean… really?:slight_smile:

3 Likes

We are not able to collect our Power Elite Author care pack :frowning: We want either gift or cash :slight_smile:

3 Likes