How to PostBelow you have an example of the formatting required to be posted in the deals and discounts thread. You can get the copy and paste code that you can simply place in the ThemeForest Deals & Discounts or VideoHive After Effects Deals & Discounts topic. and just replace the content with your images. Get the post template here. Please Note As a moderator I am also an author. I've posted this thread using one of my items as a clear example of how the post should be formatted. It is specifically posted in the Author Hangouts thread to avoid any unfair self advertising on my behalf. This forum section is only visible to authors and this post template will be used in the future as well. I will participate in the Deals and Discounts, abiding to all the requirements above.
All the Information for the Deals & DiscountsBe sure to get all the information before posting. Click the toggles below.
How to Contribute
How it works
- Nominate and announce your deals and discounts in one of our currently available threads:
- A “deal” or “discount” is defined as: “A temporary price reduction compared to the original price of the published item.”
- Each author can post a maximum of three discounts per calendar month.
- You cannot post the same item every month or in consecutive months. If you post a deal for an item in January for example, you cannot post it again until March (you have to skip at least one month).
- We may curate some of the best items and deals and will give them some extra prominence and exposure by using the large or small graphic banners that you provide in your nomination.
How to nominate your items
- You MUST be the author/creator of the item.
- Copy and paste the information below and fill out each part for your specific item and promotion. You MUST provide ALL the information below exactly as shown to ensure your item/promotion is eligible.
- Make sure you post your nominations to the official customer-facing Deals & Discounts thread based onthe item/category you are selling (see above).
Copy & Paste Post Template
After reading the "How to Contribute toggle above, please visit this thread to get a Copy & Paste example of your post formatting and see how a post should look like. Use this reply template. Copy and paste the content in a new post and update the content with your item, your username, and your description. Please do not modify the formatting.
Full Information for Deals & Discounts
What is this?!
- “Deals & Discounts” is a place where customers can see current deals on Envato Market items. Each author can post/share upto three discounted items per calendar month. It’s great for customers as they can discover great content and great prices, and it’s great for authors as they have a place where they can promote and market their discounted items. We/Envato may further highlight some of the best items by curating them and promoting them at the top of the Deals & Discounts page.
What Deals & Discounts opportunities are currently available?
- ThemeForest > HTML Site Templates
- VideoHive > After Effects Templates
How do I participate in the Deals & Discounts promotion?
- Begin by reading the How to Contribute Toggle and what you need to provide, and then simply post your item to the right thread. Please note that you must provide everything we request in order for your promotion to be considered for use. Failure to follow all the instructions and requirements may result in your item/promotion being removed and/or not promoted.
Will more opportunities for different Envato Market sites and categories appear soon?
- We hope so! We will be reviewing and monitoring our initial Deals & Discounts category with a view to publishing more in the future and refining the process where necessary.
How often can I post to a Deals & Discounts thread?
- You may post three maximum items, per thread, per calendar month. You cannot list the same item in consecutive months, you will need to skip a month. For example: You could post a discount for Item A in January, but you would not be able to post it in February, and you would not be able to post it again until March.
How do you define a “deal” or “discount”?
- A “deal” or “discount” is defined as a temporary price reduction compared to the original price of the published item.
What criteria will you use to highlight/feature discounted items?
- If we decide to further promote your discounted items by including them at the top of a Deals & Discounts page, we may consider one or more of the following: Item quality, presentation of your item, usefulness of your item, and/or discounted price/percentage.
Marketing & Referral and Affiliate Opportunity
Each item that is discounted deserves some marketing! Click on it, add your referral and share it with the world! When a new user clicks your referral link, signs up for an account and purchases an item (or adds credit) via any of the Envato Market sites, you will receive 30% of that person’s credited amount or 30% of the purchased item price (whichever is higher). If they add $20 credit into their account, you get $6. If they buy a $200 item, you get $60. Learn More about Referrals & Affiliate Program
Post Example Below
This is how your post should look like. Please do not modify or edit the layout of the post.
Original price: $18 | Discounted price: $12
If you’re into a personal site or a business page, a page for marketing, a shop or just a page for fun. Even if you have news to share or images to showcase, we have all the features, perfectly optimized and app styled you’ll ever need.