The character ' ' is not allowed in tag names

i am facing problem while uploading products

The character ’ ’ is not allowed in tag names

while i dindt have used any of character like this in tags and in html description tags too

kindly guide me

Hi

Please make sure you didn’t provide any space before each tag end ( mean before comma , )

Thanks

no i didnt

here are my tags

food ordering app android studio,food ordering android app template,best food ordering apps android,food ordering app,food ordering and delivery app,food ordering apps for android,online food order app for android,online food ordering app for restaurants,online food ordering application,online food ordering app development,online food ordering app in usa,online food ordering app in android studio,online food ordering app apk,online food ordering app android

I have edited my first reply.
please check my one item tag sample:
ajax form, anti spam form, php form, clean html form

make a space after comma (,)

Still facing the same issue i have edited tag like you suggested

food ordering app android studio, food ordering android app template, best food ordering apps android, food ordering app, food ordering and delivery app, food ordering apps for android, online food order app for android, online food ordering app for restaurants, online food ordering application, online food ordering app development, online food ordering app in usa, online food ordering app in android studio, online food ordering app apk, online food ordering app android

please can you share screenshots of the error and your input

here’s the error

and here is my input

seems to me Tags are fine. please double check is there any space at the start and end of the full tags. no blank space should exist in start and end point of the full tags text.

Sir/mam i have tripple checked , i am old user and i know all of these rules carefully

I understand the fact you are facing. I am also surprised as far I have checked your tags are fine from my side. Okay try with another way clear browser cache and strat from the beginning.

okay let me try

i have cleared cache, cleared browser history, cleared cookies changed browser…
i am facing same problems
i thinks its system error

Copy and paste the tags here please.

food ordering app android studio, food ordering android app template, best food ordering apps android, food ordering app, food ordering and delivery app, food ordering apps for android, online food order app for android, online food ordering app for restaurants, online food ordering application, online food ordering app development, online food ordering app in usa, online food ordering app in android studio, online food ordering app android

I don’t see anything wrong with those; can you also copy and paste the error message (“The character ’ ’ is not allowed”)? I want to see if that is a space or some unicode character.

• The character ’ ’ is not allowed in tag names

i thinks it not the space issue

Maybe the character ’ ’ is actually a “blank”/empty space in your tags.

Maybe the tag should be just one word (like it should be) and not “food ordering app”.

Try with food, ordering, app

Indeed, it seems they recently changed the guidelines for tags:

Phrases or hyphenated words are not allowed - Tags must be a single word.

issue is solved but not per as envato showed in documentation
i have tried tag like this
food,ordering,app

BTW Thanks for helping me out… you guys are great

in envato elements each tag should be a single word. But I am not sure just check in envato market didn’t change the guideline:

• For ThemeForest , VideoHive , and CodeCanyon you may enter up to 15 tags.

Please Note: Tags may be more than one word eg. “community service”, “cross-media”.

For more tips on effective tags, refer to this article.

Also yesterday I have updated one of my item where multiple words exist in a tag with comma (,) separator. :thinking:

1 Like