Selling CodeCanyon Products On Deal Sites like MightyDeals

Hi all,

I just wanted to get a quick opinion please. I have been approached by mightydeals to sell one of my products on their site. The deal only lasts for 7 days, so…

1. Will I loose my exclusive status if I proceed with this?
  2. If yes to above, is it possible in any way to do the deal with them so that I do not loose my exclusive status? Like take the product off CC for the duration of the deal, and then put it back on?

Then this leads to another question… If you delete a product, what happens to all the comments and history etc? And is it possible to get all that back at a later date, or is it gone forever?

Thanks for any pointers or tips. I am pretty sure there have been authors that have done similar things in the past and just wanted to find out what the deal is.

themergency said
  1. Will I loose my exclusive status if I proceed with this?
  2. If yes to above, is it possible in any way to do the deal with them so that I do not loose my exclusive status? Like take the product off CC for the duration of the deal, and then put it back on?

Then this leads to another question… If you delete a product, what happens to all the comments and history etc? And is it possible to get all that back at a later date, or is it gone forever?

You can change your exclusive status, but there is a moratorium Envato asks for until you start to sell the product elsewhere (can’t remember what it is but I think it’s 30 days).

Once you delete an item it can’t be re-uploaded.

When you delete and item it’s gone forever (unless maybe you did it by mistake and Envato restores the item).

Thanks for the answers. Can I go back to exclusive status after the deal is finished on mightydeals?

I was also contacted by Mighty Deals for the same thing. I spent a week talking to Envato Support and they eventually decided that this was not allowed under the exclusive agreement.

themergency said

Thanks for the answers. Can I go back to exclusive status after the deal is finished on mightydeals?

I don’t see why not as long as you’ve respected the 30 day grace period.

Btw, I don’t speak for Envato. Just giving my personal opinion based on the rules I’ve read.