Two weeks ago we announced a temporary shutdown of the stock footage review queue while we made some changes to our team, systems and processes.
Today, we’re announcing that we will be reopening the queue to all Photos authors and a limited number of Stock Footage authors. We will be adding more Stock Footage authors to the queue over the next few months. We will also be migrating all Stock Footage authors over to the new video uploader.
How did we get here?
Over the last year we have been on a journey to implement improvements to our review process for Stock Footage. Our goal has been to make it more sustainable, predictable and timely for authors and Envato. We began implementing a number of changes to improve the experience and set expectations for everyone. Here’s what we’ve done so far:
- Sample review of items in the queue
- New video uploader for Stock Footage
- Limiting uploads to authors with a proven track record of approvals
These efforts have helped to reduce the average wait times from 250 days to around 32 days today.
Our goal is to continue to improve on these wait times while enhancing the experience for authors with a proven ability to meet or exceed our content requirements.
What’s changing today?
From today, we are introducing some changes designed to further improve the queue wait times. These changes include:
- Recruiting and training new reviewers
- Enabling uploads for authors with proven success meeting and exceeding our requirements (Group 1)
- Enabling uploads for authors who consistently meet our requirements as review capacity grows (Group 2)
- Disabling upload permissions for authors we want to show us their ability to meet our requirements through portfolio review (Group 3)
- Requiring all new authors to submit a portfolio for review (Group 4)
- Inviting all enabled authors to use the new video uploader
- Decommissioning the old video uploader
Group 1 authors will receive an email informing them that they are now able to upload items for review.
Group 2 authors will receive an email that informs them of their status. If you are in this group, access will be granted in a staggered approach that will be based on our capacity to review items. This is likely to happen over a period of months and we will contact you as your upload permissions are restored. Items currently in the queue will remain in the queue until they are reviewed.
If you are a Group 3 author, we will be contacting you to let you know that upload restrictions will apply until you submit and pass a portfolio review. Your existing items in the queue will be removed and you will have to wait six months before submitting a portfolio.
Group 4 authors will also be restricted from uploading Stock Footage and Motion Graphics items until they pass a portfolio review.
We’re committed to reducing wait times, setting clear expectations and doing what we can to streamline the experience for authors with a proven track record of meeting and exceeding our requirements and guidelines. This includes exploring ideas around auto-approval for items, providing more feedback and more.
We’ve come a long way and made significant progress. Thank you for your patience and commitment, especially when the queues were lengthy. We’ll be actively monitoring this thread for the next seven days, responding in batches to your questions. Please remember our community guidelines as you post.