Reversal of Author Fee- 5 Continuous transactions and all Sales reversed

I wrote to you above that when selling digital goods, a cancellation of a purchase MUST NOT BE
And this one little nuance will solve all problems 100%

1 Like

Then you need to speak to the payment processors and credit card companies, because as long as envato accept those forms of payment, they have to accept that reversals are a reality of accepting them and cant be avoided.

1 Like

If youā€™re so smart, buy the cheapest song on iTunes, and try to get it back tomorrow. Apple will twist you in the face at the temple and say, ā€œAre you a fool?ā€

1 Like

I donā€™t use iTunes but if I bought a song and downloaded it to my computer before challenging the payment, what would happen that protects them?

1 Like

Nothing will happen. After all, you already bought it. Therefore, you can do whatever you want with this song.

You can copy and send it a hundred times to 1000 people (although you canā€™t do this, but there is such an opportunity), but the money has already been paid for it. And you are unlikely to be able to return them

Why there is no such system on Envato for us, all authors, remains a mystery

1 Like

Sorry if I am not following you but if I did this and then challenged the payment with PayPal (as an example), do iTunes still give the developer the money even then they lose it? Seems unlikely?

1 Like

You will not be able to dispute and cancel the payment there. You bought the goods voluntarily

I will turn around for the second time: why you do not have a system, about which the cancellation of the purchase would not be possible

1 Like

The result would be exactly the same, the payment is reversed and the money is taken from Appleā€¦ companies cannot choose whether to accept or decline chargebacks and reversals. Itā€™s obvious you don;t know what chargebacks are or how they work. This has been explained several times and the outcome is always the same. If you do a bit of research youā€™ll have a better understanding of what they are, how thereā€™s very little anyone can do to avoid them, and how chargebacks/reversals apply to every single entity that accepts credit cards, Paypal and a number of other payment platforms. Weā€™re not making this up!

3 Likes

As with all these discussions if there was a logical and feasible solution then surely a company the size of envato would have implemented it?

I donā€™t work for envato so I donā€™t know the official reason for their stance but logic dictates that there will be so many contributing factors that only a % of these cases can be resolved, and at potentially at a cost that no one wants to incur - authors and envato alike.

I suggest asking support for an official response Envato Authors Help and Support

With respect you are am wrong about Apple - there are restrictions about what items can be refunded (also influenced by buyer location) BUT a sales reversal has nothing to do with them or ā€œvoluntary purchaseā€ itā€™s between the buyer and their bank, and unless Apple works to dispute and provide evidence around every case (which seems unlikely although I donā€™t know), then there is nothing they can do to stop it

1 Like

Please explain how a purchase is canceled on Envato. And then I see already clearly the result of the cancellation

Here is another example for you. Is it possible that after visiting the cinema and in the middle of the movie, you can return the money for the ticket?

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

What "yes?
Do you always read the last part of the message?

1 Like

Iā€™ve already answered the first partā€¦

If you do a bit of research youā€™ll have a better understanding of what they are, how thereā€™s very little anyone can do to avoid them, and how chargebacks/reversals apply to every single entity that accepts credit cards, Paypal and a number of other payment platforms.

ā€¦ which pretty much also answers the second part to be fair.

1 Like

Because the payment being challenged/disputed/taken from envato is entirely beyond their control, and the process of informing the impacted author is probably automated. (just like if someone makes a DMCA claim they have to, at least temporarily, disable the item in question).

1 Like

Then please how I can cancel my recent purchases, otherwise I downloaded them, everything suits me, but I want them for free and I want to return the money for them

1 Like

The key is not to publicly state that you downloaded them, everything suits you, but you just want them to be freeā€¦ as that would be an admission of fraud.

Read thisā€¦

ā€¦if you have any questions which arenā€™t covered by the article then Iā€™ll be happy to try and answer them, but if it relates to internal Envato policies then youā€™re very unlikely to get an answer from anyone at Envato, as theyā€™re not going to disclose the policies they use to identify or minimise fraud.

1 Like

That is, someone can do this, despite the fact that they agree that this will be an admission of fraud and entails blocking the account and all goods, but I canā€™t mean it?

Okay, what prevents the same scammers from registering a new account and doing the same thing?

1 Like

Returning to the beginning of the conversation on this topic, namely the message @baileyherbert . So what is Envato doing to prevent such situations? Blocking accounts of such users? This is already happening all after the fact: that is, when the money was returned and the goods were downloaded

1 Like

As per above, you would need to ask envato Envato Authors Help and Support.

There are some steps e.g. recognition/confirmation etc. that are commonplace, and we know they have people dedicated to applying best practices across the marketplaces where possible, but generally itā€™s unlikely that even directly they will share much detail on their internal security processes

1 Like

And how will they help? Just as you shrug and say ā€œWell, Iā€™m sorry ā€¦ā€

1 Like