Removing Social Media Share Buttons on Katla Theme

Hi

I bought a Katla Theme and I have included Social Media Buttons to share Blog Posts.

Unfortunately the old share buttons aren’t allowed because of new EU laws. So I installed a plugin with the name sheriff to include share buttons which are allowed.

My problem is that I don’t know how to remove the old share buttons. Can someone help me ??

Blog:

Under the blog post. The share buttons with the I=Information symbol are the new ones. The one below are the old one which I would like to remove,

Unfortunately there is no support for that theme available anymore and I spent the whole day for locking for solutions and I did not get any further.

Can someone help me. I would really thank you.

Best regards Carsten Müller

You probably need to edit the post template but the best option is to ask the author

1 Like

Yes I would but what’s the name of the author and how can I contact him:

If I look here. The name of the author is “Elite Author” …

And there is no support anymore for this theme available. That’s the reason why I have postet it here.

I tried to remove the following code:

Then I get the following error: Unable to communicate back with site to check for fatal errors, so the PHP change was reverted. You will need to upload your PHP file change by some other means, such as by using SFTP.

That’s tough if the author is not supporting their items anymore.

You could hire a freelancer to help www.studio.envato.com

As it’s an old and unsupported theme I would be cautious about modifying templates unless you are comfortable with what you are doing

You could use CSS (sort of solution) to hide the other ones.

.share-twitter {
background-color: #02c9ff;
border-color: #009ec9;
color: #ffffff !important;
text-shadow: 0 -1px 0 #00b2e3;
display: none;
}
.share-facebook {
background-color: #4b68b9;
border-color: #344b8d;
color: #ffffff !important;
text-shadow: 0 -1px 0 #3b55a0;
display: none;
}

Both these snippets are in the main stylesheet but again because of the age and lack of support I would strongly suggest using (depending the version of WP you are using) a CSS plugin rather than editing the main code, that way if it doesn’t work it’s easily removed and of course I can’t guarantee what it will do