recommendations to buy a new sound card

Today I say goodbye to my old friend of battles my audio card that has accompanied me since 2004. After a couple of weeks of electrostatic problems everywhere I almost went crazy and my wife sends me to a psychiatric. I discovered that my Maudio has already worked everything I had to work on.
I have to get a new one as I am playing my music by the realtek motherboard sound device.
I’m wondering right now how is the soundcards market. The truth is that I find that now everything is much cheaper and more to choose from.

For now I am about to buy Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2nd Gen. What’s your opinion about best soundcard to buy? I play in a selfcontended studio so no needs for mic/instruments in

I am very happy with my Audient iD14 for around 2 years now. Very clear sound.

1 Like

It looks like it provides really good A/D sound conversion. Thank you FOXY

1 Like

I own a Scarlett 2i4 and 18i20 (2nd Generation). Very pleased with both!

1 Like

As I can understand seems that Scarlett is the nowadays trending soundcards brands. It’s cool as the offer so many diferent models to satisfy diferent clients needs.
Thanks MidnightSnap

RME babyface pro, is perfect choice. High quality and reliable drivers.

1 Like

I use Focusrite Scarlet 2i4.

1 Like

If it’s going to be small - RME Babyface. Top quality hardware and drivers.

1 Like

I use Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 2nd gen on Win. There are pros and cons, but overall I’m pleased with it. If you have money - RME is a better option though.

1 Like

Hello, Octopusic.)

If you have a good budget, I advise you to buy UAD Twin MK 2 (Duo/Quad) if you have Mac or PC with Thunderbolt, or RME Babyface Pro (or something from RME). This sound cards have top quality converters and very stabile drivers. I don’t really like Focusrite, it’s so buggy and unstable(I talk about budget models), but it’s only my experience.

Good Luck! ))

1 Like

I agree with the RME Babyface suggestions. I have an RME Fireface 802 and it’s great. If you don’t need any mic/inst inputs then the babyface is a good choice.

1 Like

+1 for Audient iD14. Also, If you’re on budget - Roland Quad Capture UA 55. Pretty clean converters and sound, and it is not pricey at all.

2 Likes

How nice to receive so many answers and so fast. I think I will meditate these days but the decision will not be easy. It is clear that there are different ranges and qualities for these equipments.

Maybe I buy something cheap but good quality to solve the situation of replacing my card and if I’m making more money with my music in Audiojungle maybe in the future I will buy very high quality equipment like Universal Audio or RME

Thank you very much mates!

1 Like

I have used many. Ditch that maudio quick.
My current (and final) interface is the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. Gives me no issues at all.