Preview Image Sets are Enabled

Hi guys!

Items are now eligible to display Preview Image Sets again (the “More Images” button which lets you make a multi-image gallery to show your item). Most categories will have watermarks automatically applied. Template categories such as Presentation Templates will continue to not contain watermarks, due to the nature of template screenshots and how the function was previously implemented. Note: When uploading a new Preview Image Set, please brush up on the Preview Image Set details on the upload instructions, especially regarding naming conventions to get the gallery to work.

You can also now delete a Preview Image Set if you wish! You’ll see a new “Delete” box on the right hand side when editing any item.

Once again, thank you to our authors while we worked the kinks out with this feature. Thanks, guys!

Cool. Really excited to put some new items with this feature and I hope we won’t be having any more problems with it. :smiley:

BTW is there any limitations on the main preview images now? I would truly not like to have any limitations on them but even if there is, please let us know so there won’t be any confusions regarding them. Ah… and thanks for the info Amanda. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info Amanda. :slight_smile:

BTW is there any limitations on the main preview images now?

+1 on that question. Are there any?

No limitations, it’s still

“590 pixel wide JPG preview of your file. JPG can be any height, however recommended height is 700 pixels. If you need more previews for your item, please consider uploading an optional Preview Image Set”

But I highly recommend you stick to 700 pixels as best you can, as we’ve got some redesign plans for image previews for early next year, but that’s all I can say for now :zipped:

No limitations, it’s still

“590 pixel wide JPG preview of your file. JPG can be any height, however recommended height is 700 pixels. If you need more previews for your item, please consider uploading an optional Preview Image Set”

But I highly recommend you stick to 700 pixels as best you can, as we’ve got some redesign plans for image previews for early next year, but that’s all I can say for now :zipped:

700 pixels is to short for some designs here… I think that should be changed to a longer preview.

700 pixels is to short for some designs here.... I think that should be changed to a longer preview.

As Jason mentioned, the 700px limit is only a recommendation and not a requirement. So one is still free to create a bigger preview image, just make sure it’s a reasonable size and not an overkill. :wink:

As Jason mentioned, the 700px limit is only a recommendation and not a requirement. So one is still free to create a bigger preview image, just make sure it's a reasonable size and not an overkill. ;)

I know, but for the redesign plans they should use a larger image size. That is what I meant :slight_smile:

As Jason mentioned, the 700px limit is only a recommendation and not a requirement. So one is still free to create a bigger preview image, just make sure it's a reasonable size and not an overkill. ;)

I know, but for the redesign plans they should use a larger image size. That is what I meant :slight_smile:

Exactly. Agree with hansv because there are several type of items which need bigger preview images including bundled items and mass items like styles, actions etc.

Also sometimes the size may extend to 2000 px so it will be helpful if someone could give a hint at what extent preview height could be stretched. The reason for this is because no-one would like to get rejected for preview image being too much large. That being said we also understand that unnecessarily large preview images are liable for being rejected.

Unless it’s breaking the site (3000px? beyond?), we don’t reject for the vertical height of a preview image. Your images can be longer than 700–that’s just what we recommend so your hover preview shrinks to a usable size on the browsing pages. :slight_smile: Of course, now we definitely recommend you make use of the Image Preview Sets if you want to show every single aspect of your file!

Jason was merely hinting that we’re continually looking at how to better promote, display, and sell your files here, and that might mean investigating different preview sizes in the future. We want to allow the preview size that works the very best for your files (after all, sales for you means sales for us too!), so we’re not going to impose any limits that harm that. There have been times we’ve even tried limiting sizes, discovered it didn’t work for our files, and we’ve reverted back.

For example, I’ve been discussing with our team that our current main preview images are a good size, though I’m looking into ways our thumbnail sizes and hover previews could improve. In the end, that’s my job: to make the site the best possible place to buy and sell files.

Woops! :smiley: Thanks so much for the info Amanda. :slight_smile: Definitely gonna abuse…eh… use the preview sets a lot. :stuck_out_tongue:

Could someone explain more in detail where do I add the preview images to my items? is there an option when uploading a file?

Thanks.

Thanks Amanda. Glad we got the preview image set back i’ve been missing this feature.

@Grafyko Yes, you will have this option when uploading a new file. The purpose of this feature is letting you add some extra preview images for a better presentation of your file.

The “Image Preview” remains the primary image that will represent your file but if you want to add more pictures for your buyers to see you can add them to the “Preview Image Set”. Notice that when you have a preview image set added to your file buyers will be able to see a botton on the bottom of the preview image, like this one:

Unless it's breaking the site (3000px? beyond?), we don't reject for the vertical height of a preview image. Your images can be longer than 700--that's just what we recommend so your hover preview shrinks to a usable size on the browsing pages.

Amanda, I’m afraid not even all reviewers are on the same page about the 700px vertical height being optional. My latest item was actually soft-rejected for this very reason:

Please update your preview image - preview images can only be 590px x 700px - the preview image you submitted was 590px x 883px.

In other words, preview vertical height was the only reason given for the rejection. Once I submitted a new preview with those exact dimensions, the item was subsequently approved, and it’s okay now, no complaints - this is just a heads-up to avoid future issues. :wink:

WOW this is Great for various listings!

Also another great point RE:

Unless it’s breaking the site (3000px? beyond?), we don’t reject for the vertical height of a preview image. Your images can be longer than 700—that’s just what we recommend so your hover preview shrinks to a usable size on the browsing pages.

Amanda, I’m afraid not even all reviewers are on the same page about the 700px vertical height being optional. My latest item was actually soft-rejected for this very reason:

Please update your preview image – preview images can only be 590px x 700px – the preview image you submitted was 590px x 883px.

In other words, preview vertical height was the only reason given for the rejection. Once I submitted a new preview with those exact dimensions, the item was subsequently approved, and it’s okay now, no complaints – this is just a heads-up to avoid future issues. :wink:

This is great! Glad to have this feature enabled on GR! :slight_smile: Thanks!!!

awesome! great feature!

Thanks for the info Amanda, found this feature very interesting on graphicriver. I think it’s optional the use of that feature! My last upload I left it and got confused to see if I were uploading in the correct section!

Thanks for the info Amanda :slight_smile: