Poor quality themes for WordPress, sometimes tough to get refunds

That’s all I meant do not judge entire market on one experience. The protection of authors is poor on Envato, recent changes in pricing policy make’s everything worse.

And expectations go higher while prices go lower.

@Anps,

I welcome your feedback, and those of other authors.

To continue:
Also for example WordPress has a framework called ‘Underscores’ for free which starts from an accessibility point included.

If an author starts designing from that, and work with the other tools and plugins listed above, one should come a whole end further, than some are doing now.

Link: https://underscores.me/

Edit I haven’t checked accessibility for all of these, but some more starter themes to start from when developing a theme (responsive included):

Win win, as far as I can see

Hope it helps.

Don’t get me wrong we also appreciate your feedback. For some of us that started here when there were no frameworks or were not ready yet for wider use, we had to develop our own and maintain it and evolve it.

To go to one of them now means changing everything.

Yes, and not only for an author, but for their customers as well. Who may have customized their site with CSS. For example changing a h3 to h2, sounds like a simple example, but those changes could mean hours of work for a customer.

So one option is for authors in that position when they start a new theme, for example when moving to HTML5 and/ or responsive to do it then.

Also for Envato to only allow new themes that adhere to standards (leaving some room for edge cases). That way in a period all the themes could be turned around.

What do you as author and other authors think?

By the way, I’m coming from the other side, where the project is working with accessibility, but needs to be made more responsive LOL

So, trust me, I know how much work it can be
And I don’t have to account for 2,000 customer and possible variations down the line for example.

Which is why I’m looking to buy parts of the project where possible, in part due to my disability. I used to design themes, but that is no longer advisable for me with current technology. Not that I’m that great a designer compared with some of the other talent. Quite often amazed by the beauty of the designs on Themeforest.

A quick search on the forums will show you that more people want to buy accessibility ready themes, for example due to government regulations in their country. So, like responsive, it is something that is set too change in that regard, and this conversation may be like how people talk about old timers some day.