Plug-in Install failed. Not sure why...

Hi. I purchased the following: My Mobile Page V2 Wordpress Theme.
I went to the new plug-ins found in my WP site. I tried to install it, and got this response:

Installing Plugin from uploaded file: themeforest-165066-my-mobile-page-v2-wordpress-theme.zip
Unpacking the package…
Installing the plugin…
The package could not be installed. No valid plugins were found.
Plugin install failed.
Return to Plugins page

Wondering what I did wrong. Anyone know why the plugin install failed?
Thanks,
Martin

You can’t install a theme as a plugin. Have a look at this Codex entry:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Themes#Adding_New_Themes

Thank you. I did that, but I ran into this problem:

Installing Theme from uploaded file: themeforest-165066-my-mobile-page-v2-wordpress-theme.zip
Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

Theme install failed.

That’s a common issue unfortunately, but it’s easily fixed. You have to unzip the file and locate the standalone WP theme, if you see a 404.php file, then you found the right file. For more detailed instructions see here: http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/269/0/my-wordpress-theme-isnt-working-what-should-i-do

itsmattadams said

That’s a common issue unfortunately, but it’s easily fixed. You have to unzip the file and locate the standalone WP theme, if you see a 404.php file, then you found the right file. For more detailed instructions see here: http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/269/0/my-wordpress-theme-isnt-working-what-should-i-do

Thank you for your help. However, I did the following:

Installing Theme from uploaded file: 404.php
Unpacking the package…

The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature
After trying to upload this file (with the above-mentioned response), I tried to upload with the styles.css file, with the same results.
Martin

nanodoc said

Thank you for your help. However, I did the following:

Installing Theme from uploaded file: 404.php
Unpacking the package…

The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature
After trying to upload this file (with the above-mentioned response), I tried to upload with the styles.css file, with the same results.
Martin

You don’t upload 404.php, you upload theme-name.zip

There’s no theme-name.zip. The only file that has the word ‘theme’ in it is the file Theme Designs. You open it up and there’s a few color files (red, blue, etc.).
So, what next?

There should be detailed documentation on how to install your theme inside the zip. Also, the theme author offered to assist in the other thread I believe.

Wow, a bit frustrating! I unzipped my-mobile-page-v2-wordpress, and cannot find any file to assist me in how to install. There is also no theme file to unzip. How should I proceed?
Thanks,
Martin

nanodoc said

Wow, a bit frustrating! I unzipped my-mobile-page-v2-wordpress, and cannot find any file to assist me in how to install. There is also no theme file to unzip. How should I proceed?
Thanks,
Martin

if you notice in your other thread the author of the theme offered to help install it you may want to contact them