Photoshop Actions - Problem

Hello everyone!

I already have 2 actions packs posted here on graphicriver and I never had problems from the customers about the actions.
I tested all the actions before uploading on multiple devices (MAC/Windows) and they work perfectly.

http://graphicriver.net/item/actionizerpro-quality-studio/discussion/3759004
As you can see, Yudha_Nasution had a problem with the item “ActionizerPRO - Quality Studio”.(last comment)
He also sent me these screenshots of the problem he has with the actions(this is an example of one actions, but he has problems with all the actions) :

I created these actions in Photoshop CS6 Extended(64 bits) and as you can see in the next screenshot he is using Photoshop CS5 Extended(32 bits) :

I think the actions are supposed to work in Photoshop CS5 too.
None of the actions work for him.I searched graphicriver forums for similar threads but I haven’t found any.
I really want to help him and other customers that have similar problems(if there will be more)

If the problem is Photoshop version and the actions only work in Photoshop CS6(Extended - 64 bits), do you have any tip about making the actions work in other versions of Photoshop?

I’m waiting for your response.

Thank you, I really appreciate.
Honestly,
Alex

I’m not an expertise with Photoshop, but probably you need to make Actions in lower version of Ps? or Test it in lower version of CS.

Try this link.

kaixer said

I’m not an expertise with Photoshop, but probably you need to make Actions in lower version of Ps? or Test it in lower version of CS.

Try this link.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply!
There is no particular example of the problem my customer has : "the command “make” is currently not available” and “the object “current adjustment layer” is not currently available”.
I think the main problem is Photoshop version or the image mode.I’ve never changed the image mode and by default Photoshop has selected 8 Bits/Channel so the actions are created with the 8 Bits mode which, as it is said in the example, is good.
I think I have to check the compatibility of the actions in other versions of Photoshop.Is there any way I can do it without having all the Photoshop versions to test?Do I have to download each Photoshop version and test it?

If anyone has other ideas or tips, please don’t hesitate to post it here.

Thank you kaixer again, I really appreciate.
Alex

Update :
I’ve tried the actions on the 16 bits mode and it works but the actions are not working on the 32 bits mode, I get the next error : “The command “set” is not currently available”

There are certain new features in Photoshop CS6 that are not available in CS5. So when creating actions, you should be mindful of the filters you use in order to avoid compatibility problem. You should purchase CS5 or below and use it to create your premium actions.

I don’t think that option ‘check the compatibility’ has any impact on Photoshop actions. Actions are simple command lines.

You can open your actions and add command line to auto-change the color mode and you should place it on top of all other command lines - so that your action will execute it before rendering the main effect.

First, open an image with Photoshop, change the image mode to CMYK if it is in RGB and then click action RECORD button and change the mode back to RGB. This way it will auto-change any image mode from Grayscale/Indexed color/CMYK and what have you to RGB color. Simply go to Image > Mode and change the color mode.

Good luck!

mrcharlesbrown said

There are certain new features in Photoshop CS6 that are not available in CS5. So when creating actions, you should be mindful of the filters you use in order to avoid compatibility problem. You should purchase CS5 or below and use it to create your premium actions.

I don’t think that option ‘check the compatibility’ has any impact on Photoshop actions. Actions are simple command lines.

You can open your actions and add command line to auto-change the color mode and you should place it on top of all other command lines - so that your action will execute it before rendering the main effect.

First, open an image with Photoshop, change the image mode to CMYK if it is in RGB and then click action RECORD button and change the mode back to RGB. This way it will auto-change any image mode from Grayscale/Indexed color/CMYK and what have you to RGB color. Simply go to Image > Mode and change the color mode.

Good luck!

Hello mrcharlesbrown,
Thank you for your answer!

That is a very good tip and I will use it for future actions.Guess the actions I have until now are working just in Photoshop CS6 on both 8bits and 16bits modes.I’ll follow your advice and I’ll buy the Photoshop CS5 too for future actions and I will set the minimum Photoshop version for the actions I have now to CS6.

Thank you again, it means a lot for me.

Crealextion said
mrcharlesbrown said

Good luck!

Hello mrcharlesbrown,

That is a very good tip and I will use it for future actions.Guess the actions I have until now are working just in Photoshop CS6 on both 8bits and 16bits modes.I’ll follow your advice and I’ll buy the Photoshop CS5 too for future actions and I will set the minimum Photoshop version for the actions I have now to CS6.

When you purchase Photoshop CS5, run the actions there and if there are any error - simply do the correction there. It will help your actions to work even with CS4.

mrcharlesbrown said
Crealextion said
mrcharlesbrown said

Good luck!

Hello mrcharlesbrown,

When you purchase Photoshop CS5, run the actions there and if there are any error - simply do the correction there. It will help your actions to work even with CS4.

I will do so, thank you for being so kind.

This thread can be closed now, I have all the required informations.

Still trying to figure out how to make my original image the background image so I can run my action. It does not work by clicking layer - then layer from background.

swabubin said

Still trying to figure out how to make my original image the background image so I can run my action. It does not work by clicking layer - then layer from background.

if you open the picture in your folder, right click and select “open with” then select photoshop and it will come as the background layer :slight_smile:

hi , i am not an expert in the subject , but, yes it seems that the compatibility with the other versions is much of an issue, a lot of us and thus a lot buyers too are likely to use older versions of these applications, so if u want to sell, this is better to make sure that it runs well for older versions too …

I have read everything above, I’m running PS5.5 and my actions are still not working. I have my image in 16bit, RGB and all the commands are coming up unavailable. Frustrating!!!

Hello
I am new to this forum, but can you help?
I have just purchased Perfectum2 Photoshop Action.
I have two problems:
1st the instruction video, has no instruction, just background music!!! How can you have an instruction video with no words???
2nd, Having run the action, I must say pretty dissapointed with the result, however, I had to enter a return at every stage whilst running the action, anyone know the solution to this?
Working in CC17
Thank you
Geoff

Hi
Watch the video. They show your actions in detail. Put on pause. Repeat these steps.

I HAVE watched the video and paused… repeatedly. I still cannot make the actions work!

Guys, tell me what is the best computer to work in photoshop? Is it true that most people work on MacBooks? Like this http://weedit.photos/2017/best-mac-for-photo-editing/

Hi,

I have the same isssue with the action Fragmentation and Galaxian, the both ask everytime to hit the OK (Return) and then continues.
I use Photoshop CC 2019 and following the instructins who came with the action, but cannot get it to work.
I put it in RGB 8-bit
It cost not so much, but i love to use this on some of my photos.

Changing the lanquage to English didn’t work and also installing the English lanquage pack did not solve the problem.
Or these actions do not work with Photoshop CC 2019, that’s also a possibility.

I hope anyone can help me.

With kind regards,

Gino,
The Netherlands,