Optical Flares Pro Presets

Hey everyone, I have a question: Can clients open up project files that use “Pro Preset” flares (modified of course) if they have Optical Flares? Or do they need Optical Flares AND the Pro Presets in order to customize it?

Of course you could pre-render things but just wondering :slight_smile:
Thanks for the help guys!

VinhSonNguyen said

Hey everyone, I have a question: Can clients open up project files that use “Pro Preset” flares (modified of course) if they have Optical Flares? Or do they need Optical Flares AND the Pro Presets in order to customize it?

They need Optical Flares AND the Pro Presets in order to customize it.

miseld said
VinhSonNguyen said

They need Optical Flares AND the Pro Presets in order to customize it.

Aww shucks, that’s quite unfortunate, but thanks for the help!

I’m not sure about that. Has anyone actually tried this?

I think the preset only comes into play at the moment you apply it. After that it is exactly the same as a custom setting that you had built yourself.

-f.

felt_tips said

I’m not sure about that. Has anyone actually tried this?

I think the preset only comes into play at the moment you apply it. After that it is exactly the same as a custom setting that you had built yourself.

-f.

Yep. That’s what I thought.

The presets are needed only when you “build” the flare. Once built it can be edited without them. i am guessing the interface will look the same since it is the basic flare elements that create a preset.

-inlife

Every pro-preset flare has element. Optical flares just “load” elements when opening project, so if you don’t have PP installed it can’t be loaded. Correct me if i am wrong.

You could be right there Miseld…

But have you actually tried it?

-f.

No but i analyze “Optical Flares Presets” folder, check it if you have free time and you will see that there is a bunch of .OFP files

I am loading project done in CS3 (with pro-presets used) into CS5 with only OF installed (no pro-presets) and it works O.o Could it be some of the OF updated the brings along those special flare elements you are talking about? Seems like I am not sure either…

-inlife

I’m almost sure they don’t need the pro-preset at all.

The pro-preset is just using regular OF elements for it’s presets, therefore, every person who have OF can open a project using pro-presets.

I haven’t tried it but it is the most logical solution.

InlifeThrill said

I am loading project done in CS3 (with pro-presets used) into CS5 with only OF installed (no pro-presets) and it works O.o Could it be some of the OF updated the brings along those special flare elements you are talking about? Seems like I am not sure either…

-inlife

That’s what I thought, it didn’t make any sense for them to need Pro Presets as the presets use the same elements in regular Optical Flares. Thanks so much guys for all the help!

Its very simple. Optical Flare Preset is just a simple text file with some text that says this flare has that that and that with this parameters. When you save your project file it doesn’t save the preset but it saves it as array of optical parameters into *.aep which means you can open it even if you don’t have optical flares pro presets.

-m.

Mocarg said

Its very simple. Optical Flare Preset is just a simple text file with some text that says this flare has that that and that with this parameters. When you save your project file it doesn’t save the preset but it saves it as array of optical parameters into *.aep which means you can open it even if you don’t have optical flares pro presets.

-m.

Thanks for the heads-up Mocarg!