Optical flares BUG? - Need help

Today I met with a very unusual phenomenon, we work on a new project, using cc particle world in which the option is selected instead of the standard particles is set to custom texture of clouds and when I add optical flares (which should represent the sun) it is impossible to set the optical flares behind the clouds (custom texture), so when the clouds go to from time to time see the sun, I tried to add optical flares on SOLID or LIGHT (track light option ON) optical flares always stays in front of the cloud. Does anyone have experience with this? How do I solve this?

Today I met with a very unusual phenomenon, we work on a new project, using cc particle world in which the option is selected instead of the standard particles is set to custom texture of clouds and when I add optical flares (which should represent the sun) it is impossible to set the optical flares behind the clouds (custom texture), so when the clouds go to from time to time see the sun, I tried to add optical flares on SOLID or LIGHT (track light option ON) optical flares always stays in front of the cloud. Does anyone have experience with this? How do I solve this?

Miseld,

If your OF is set to track the lights if should work, weird is not working. Can you send me an email so I can take a look at your project?

I change whole project in meantime :slight_smile:
It’s ok for now, i use track matte to fix problem if i have other problems i will contact you Daniel, thanx anyway.

Optical Flares should render in front of the clouds, shouldn’t it? The obscuration layer only obscures the light source. If part of the light source is showing, then the flare will appear on top of everything - exactly like the lens flare in a camera lens. If the source is obscured, then the lens flare will disappear.

The question is therefore, how dense is your cloud? Is it dense enough to obscure the light source?

You could also try pre-composing the cloud layer. There is the idea lurking at the back of my mind that the obscure layer takes the layer’s alpha values before any effects are applied. Could that be the problem?

-f.

Optical Flares should render in front of the clouds, shouldn't it? The obscuration layer only obscures the light source. If part of the light source is showing, then the flare will appear on top of everything - exactly like the lens flare in a camera lens. If the source is obscured, then the lens flare will disappear.

The question is therefore, how dense is your cloud? Is it dense enough to obscure the light source?

You could also try pre-composing the cloud layer. There is the idea lurking at the back of my mind that the obscure layer takes the layer’s alpha values before any effects are applied. Could that be the problem?

-f.

Thanks Felt, you help me a lot for my next move :slight_smile: