New Watermark for Stock Footage and Motion Graphics

Who would use the top left corner of 960x540 FLV?

baf2681 said

Who would use the top left corner of 960x540 FLV?

Yo, Brian! Haven’t seen you round these parts for a while! :slight_smile:

I download many times the watermark and i think is the same please review the link and the archive inside.

produccionfresca said

I download many times the watermark and i think is the same please review the link and the archive inside.

If you’re visiting the article and then downloading the watermark, you’re getting the right one. Here’s the direct link to the watermark that I just downloaded and confirmed to be correct: http://marketplace-knowledgebase.s3.amazonaws.com/videohive/videohive_watermark.zip.

@MarkBrodhuber

When I’ve deployed the new watermark in FCPX I’m advised that it is too bright.

Your colleagues at Support seem confident that if there are any difficulties in utilising the new watermark unaltered in FCPX that “VideoHive team is on it”; so they’ve pointed me back to this forum.

Since I’m trying to replicate this example (supplied by you) of the watermark in action, perhaps you would simply indicate the precise settings you used to achieve this in FCPX? A screenshot of your FCPX settings would definitely help eliminate any possible confusion.

Thanks in advance.

Clarecomm and I have been chatting behind the scenes and I’ve run a number of tests myself to try and get to the bottom of this.

Unfortunately I’m left with more questions than answers. For some reason FCP X seems to handle transparent PNG images oddly, displaying them much brighter than they actually should be. Simply placing the watermark above the video and rendering is not really an option within Final Cut because of this. Through testing, I’ve found that reducing the opacity within FCP X (when the watermark looks too bright) down to something like 35% - 50% depending on the brightness of the footage below it seems to produce close to normal results. It isn’t ideal since each video needs to have the watermark’s opacity settings adjusted, but it will get the job done if you’ve got nothing but FCP X to work with.

Clarecomm also had promising results using Apple Compressor after playing around with the settings within the H.264 profile and Entropy Mode. So if you’re having difficulty using FCP X, you might want to look into Compressor.

I personally use Adobe Media Encoder, and was able to setup a pretty nice workflow using presets and a watch folder. It’s completely automated and produces consistent results without having to change any settings. So that’s another option for authors with access to AME.

MarkBrodhuber said

…promising results using Apple Compressor after playing around with the settings within the H.264 profile and Entropy Mode…

Yes, just to expand on this: my installation of Compressor consistently refused to properly render either the old watermark or this new watermark using the software’s default settings, producing only the faintest shadow of the watermark on the underlying footage. However, tinkering with the ‘H.264 Profile’ and ‘Entropy Mode’ produced some exports which were perfect, then (bizarrely) reverting back to the original defaults started to work fine too!

In short, Compressor should produce consistent watermarking results, with none of the brightness difficulties which FCPX seems to induce.

Hi, Can I use this watermark in my After Effect proj too? I am doing a proj which will be an indent and has a high risk of theft by downloading it, as it will be a greetings indent. It has a logo reveal at the end of the video but the greetings will be enough if someone need it. So should I water mark it? Thanks in advance for your reply!

FHpathik said

Hi, Can I use this watermark in my After Effect proj too? I am doing a proj which will be an indent and has a high risk of theft by downloading it, as it will be a greetings indent. It has a logo reveal at the end of the video but the greetings will be enough if someone need it. So should I water mark it? Thanks in advance for your reply!

Hi FHPathik,

you can of course use that watermark on your After Effects projects previews, too. Just mention in the “Message to Reviewer” Box that you have put that watermark on it on purpose. (Else you might get a soft reject because the Reviewer thought you applied it by accident).

-Tobi

Hi FHPathik,

you can of course use that watermark on your After Effects projects previews, too. Just mention in the “Message to Reviewer” Box that you have put that watermark on it on purpose. (Else you might get a soft reject because the Reviewer thought you applied it by accident).

-Tobi

Thanks Tobi :slight_smile:

it’s really good news

I went to the watermark link and it is broken, is it auto now or what?

The link to download the watermark is still working for me. You should be able to access it directly from here: http://marketplace-knowledgebase.s3.amazonaws.com/videohive/videohive_watermark.zip

Hi I have submitted a new entry with watermark for After Effect project file. It has a high risk of theft in the preview. But sadly I have forgot to mention it in reviewer massage. :frowning: What Should I do? Please Suggest.!!:frowning:

FHpathik said

Hi I have submitted a new entry with watermark for After Effect project file. It has a high risk of theft in the preview. But sadly I have forgot to mention it in reviewer massage. :frowning: What Should I do? Please Suggest.!!:frowning:

Since the file has been uploaded very recently, you’re best bet would be to just delete the project from the queue and then resubmit it.

MarkBrodhuber said
FHpathik said

Since the file has been uploaded very recently, you’re best bet would be to just delete the project from the queue and then resubmit it.

Thanks a ton! I am on it! :slight_smile:

MarkBrodhuber said

The link to download the watermark is still working for me. You should be able to access it directly from here: http://marketplace-knowledgebase.s3.amazonaws.com/videohive/videohive_watermark.zip

Thanks