New theme - low sales

Hi guys,
We’ve released new theme, but sales are low.

Tell us what you think, be honest.

Brankic1979 team

Your theme is very nice, but there are HEAPS of multipurpose themes already. Actually there are heaps of WordPress themes in general. The marketplace is oversaturated, but especially when it comes to multipurpose themes.

Exactly. Niche is today’s thing.

BTW, the fact that it appears that it supports only WPBakery Page Builder doesn’t really help either. While it is still pretty popular, it is quite outdated. Elementor and Gutenberg should be your priority nowadays. Ideally support all three, that will increase your potential sales the most, as some customers are already used to one of them and they won’t be buying a theme which doesn’t support the one they like to use. You’ve entered extremely competitive category, so you need to attract as many potential customers as possible to stand any chance.

Competition is way stronger that it used to be a few eyars back when themes sold like crazy, this multipurpose themes are so many that is difficult to decide which is what… also clients are confused by Elements, and don’t forget about COVID crisis which is bad and will get worse for sure, it dose not look so good :slight_smile:

Thanks guys on your thoughts.
To be honest, we don’t understand concept of niche theme vs multi-purpose.

If you need restaurant theme, you can use gym theme and change pictures.

Also, all multi-purpose themes on the market come with dozen of ready to use templates which you can use. Price is similar, plus most of buyers must hire developer or designer to suit the theme to their needs.

Gutenberg blocks - that’s not the future, I can bet on it.

Elementor? Maybe, but WP Bakery and shortcode concept is way much adoptable to create what ever you want.

I totally agree on oversaturation of WP themes. And here on ThemeForest, there is not more than 2-3 themes yearly which are among weekly top sellers.

We had BigBang ( https://themeforest.net/item/bigbang-responsive-wordpress-template/2826493 ) theme which was really a blast, but now, it’s a bit of luck (no matter how complex, or niche oriented) if your theme will become top seller.

Quality is another thing, and everybody here is aware that quality of the new themes is bellow average.
Review process is another thing, but that’s another topic…

1 Like

If you need restaurant theme, you can use gym theme and change pictures

But then that is not a niche theme, it is a generic theme with “niche” images (and yes, there are plenty of those on the marketplace). Niche themes offers functionality and layout tailored to a specific niche. I mean a skilled person can adapt almost any theme to almost any niche of course, but a serious niche theme can do a much better job than a multipurpose theme for specific websites. If nothing else then niche themes are usually not so insanely bloated than MP themes usually are.

Also, all multi-purpose themes on the market come with dozen of ready to use templates which you can use. Price is similar, plus most of buyers must hire developer or designer to suit the theme to their needs.

That’s right, but they often do not offer some really niche features. Also, when someone searches for, for example, “dentist wordpress theme”, a dentist niche theme will be more likely somewhere at the top of the results page instead of a multipurpose theme which also happens to have a dentist demo and will be most likely buried deep in the results. So it is also about discoverability. If a MP theme doesn’t get a ton of traction right after release, then tough luck. Nobody will find it after several months, because you have no good search keywords to optimize it for.

Gutenberg blocks - that’s not the future, I can bet on it.

Maybe it is not future, but it is certainly present. It is more than a capable editor for most people. There is also no locked features or updates like in the premium plugins. It maybe didn’t had the best start, but more and more people will be getting used to it, you can bet on that.

Elementor? Maybe, but WP Bakery and shortcode concept is way much adoptable to create what ever you want

But my point is not that which page builder is better, my point is that more page builders your theme supports, more potential customers it can attract. Same as for other “optional” features like for example RTL support. It is about maximizing the reach.

Quality is another thing, and everybody here is aware that quality of the new themes is bellow average

I agree.

2 Likes

All very valid points above but I think this theme deserves some serious recognition.

After 1,000 purchases, we’re still using Big Bang and Pavillion so always keen to see new work from you, but this is a step up.

Really hope it achieves the level it deserves

FYI - minor one but navigating your tabs are causing the page to jump back to the top

Thanks Charlie.
We’re also thinking that our theme deserves serious recognition, especially comparing to some other theme which sales are high.
Thanks also for tab issue. Didn’t update all demos with fix for this jump back.