Need your opinion. PHP Script rejected. No idea why...

Hello,

I’ve uploaded a new PHP script and got rejected, but I can’t understand the reason. The email that I received included
Thank you for your submission. We have completed our review of "AvocadoFlex Blog Script" and unfortunately we found it isn't at the quality standard required to move forward, and you won't be able to re-submit this item again.

I don’t know what have to do now with my script, what exactly to improve. Here is the demo frontend demo.avocadoflex.com and backend demo.avocadoflex.com/login. The credentials are

Admin: testadmin@avocadoflex.com
Editor: testeditor@avocadoflex.com
Author: testauthor@avocadoflex.com

All of them has the password: 12345Abcde

I uploaded the inline preview image and thumbnail in the required dimensions and I uploaded also three preview images.

Best regards,
Ioanna

It’s very basic.

You need to consider how to make it more premium eg more home, category or post layouts, basic pages like about and contact, etc

Also several elements like widgets and header need attention on mobile

Hello @charlie4282 ,

Thank you very much for your time and your feedback.

I am working on this and improve it. Do you think that if I will upload a new improved version, will it be reviewed or it will be immediatelly rejected because of the first rejection?

Best regards,
Ioanna

If you were hard rejected then you will need to make significant updates and improvements before resubmitting it but if you do that then you should be ok

Apart from @charlie4282’s suggestion to improve the item, considering that there’s WordPress is based on blogging and it comes with lots of themes/extensions, I don’t think your item would get approval and you’d be wasting your time. When there’s a free option with lots of additions, why would anyone pay for a PHP blog extension? In any case, you won’t be bringing anything new to the marketplace compared with WordPress ( and other free blog systems )

Just find some idea/some script that free option is not available.

Thank you very much for your feedbacks and your opinion.

I think that it would not be a reason for rejection that there are free blog scripts. If it would be a reason for that no blog script would be approved and for the moment there are a lot of blog scripts in the marketplace. Just my opinion.

Thank you very much for your time and your feedback again.

I think the point is that items sold here need to offer premium features, functionality, design etc to warrant someone paying for it rather than downloading a free item

Please check my Private Message to you :slight_smile:

I have to agree that this script in its current format might not meet the expectations of the Envato Marketplace - HOWEVER, I think it does look very clear and as @charlie4282 says you would need to make very significant changes in the script.

Also @ki-themes makes some valid comments, but ki this author is trying to produce something separate from wordpress, which as we all know relies heavily on themes and plugins being kept up to date with the current wordpress core files.

There are many wordpress themes and plugins, but if the core product gets changed, then this means that authors have to also adapt and make changes across the themes and plugins. Sadly some of them don’t make these changes, and then buyers end up with themes that do not get updated, and potentially end up with websites not working. Just my observation :wink: