Need help with AE Error messages

Today i got a message from customer saying that he cannot use one of my CS3 compatible projects on CS4 machine. Since i never got this error myself or had it reported from any other customer i think it’s client’s machine that gives this eror, but could someone can help to fix this for him?

Here what he says:
I have purchased your project, but unfortunately I can’t use it with my AE CS4 (windows VISTA).

When I open up the project file it says: “After Effects: this project must be converted from version 8.0x247 (Macintosh Intel) and will open as untitled project. Standard Definition pixel aspect ratios will be updated for compatibility and improved accuracy. The original file will be unchanged.”

When I click ok it says: “After Effects error: missing data in file. (33::4)”

when I click ok on that: “After Effects error: chunk in file too big – probably unsupported file version. (33::7)”

and then when I click ok: “After Effects error: strange situation [0/2]. (26::84)

the first one would me normal message, bu what about others?

Yowch!

Have you tested it in CS4 yourself, Plac?

-f.

Something similar one client wrote also to me. He could not open my project in AE CS4 (Mac) because, as he spoke, my project was done in AE CS4 (Win). :slight_smile: I searched on the forum Adobe.com similar problems and I found only a confirmation that everything should be open and not any errors should not be. In the end, he just reinstalled AE CS4 and the problem has been solved. :slight_smile: Probably and in this situation it is necessary to try to make it.

Best Regards!

Alex.

I think this is a problem with the users installation and not with your file. A buyer wrote in with a similar problem last week. I went and downloaded the file in question and I did get the message saying it needed to be converted, but after the quick conversion, the file worked fine. And the other buyers on the file had no complaints about getting it open. I’d suggest you have the buyer look into his installation, and possibly re-install the software.

I knew it wasn’t my side as I tested it myself on both CS3 and CS4 on both computers (both Macs though, but anyway) just wanted to help him fix this. Today he got back saying it wasn’t downloading properly. so problem solved. Thank you for helping, guys.

I knew it wasn't my side as I tested it myself on both CS3 and CS4 on both computers (both Macs though, but anyway) just wanted to help him fix this. Today he got back saying it wasn't downloading properly. so problem solved. Thank you for helping, guys.

glad you solved your problem, most of the times is the user…got a friend with the same problem a while ago and it was an installation issue.

have a good day!

I review every file in CS4 so i know they all work(on MAC - platform shouldnt matter). Like Mark said it could be that the AE version the buyer is running has errors and needs a fresh install. If the the AE version is p!rated…then well it could be missing key files as well.