can i convert project from windows to mac ?

Hi guys … how are you ?
i hope you are all right :slight_smile:

i have a question and i hope to help me … if i make a project on widows 7 - 64 bit and after effect cs6 does it work on a Mac “OSX Mountain Lion” and after effect CS5 automatically or i have to convert it ?

and please i want to learn how i do copy from my project to work on mac if i make the project on widows.

just open it on Mac,it’s as easy as that.

it’s a Mac :slight_smile:

didgi …thanks for replay :slight_smile:

my friend has a OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and he using AE CS5 the project not open with him … and he see a message saying the project was created on windows 64 bit version 11 … what is the problem now :frowning:

didgi said

It’s the same. Even if you open a project on Win that was made on Mac it will open it.

it’s a PC :slight_smile:

Mocarg said
didgi said

It’s the same. Even if you open a project on Win that was made on Mac it will open it.

it’s a PC :slight_smile:

thanks man for your reply … oky now why he get this problem … the problem now from my project or from him ?

bassemsat said

my friend has a OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and he using AE CS5 the project not open with him … and he see a message saying the project was created on windows 64 bit version 11 … what is the problem now :frowning:

Hi the problem is not the different OS, but the different After Effects Versions. You can only open projects made with previous versions, not later.

so, for example: CS6 can open CS5 projects, but CS5 cannot open CS6 projects.

CS6 has the function to save as CS5.5 file. This file you can open in CS5.5 and save in there as CS5. then your friend can open that cs5 project.

you can use the free trial of cs5.5 to simplyresave your project as cs5.

also, there is a script called pt_opensesame. google it and you will find more details.

Creattive said
bassemsat said

Hi the problem is not the different OS, but the different After Effects Versions. You can only open projects made with previous versions, not later.

so, for example: CS6 can open CS5 projects, but CS5 cannot open CS6 projects.

CS6 has the function to save as CS5.5 file. This file you can open in CS5.5 and save in there as CS5. then your friend can open that cs5 project.

you can use the free trial of cs5.5 to simplyresave your project as cs5.

also, there is a script called pt_opensesame. google it and you will find more details.

Really thanks … i will try it and i will told you what happened … thanks again :wink:

no problem, if more problems occur just ask again :slight_smile:

Creattive said

Thanks man … the project working well now with my friend :sunglasses:

but i have another question now if i want to convert the project to work on CS4 & CS3 … can i do this with the same function in CS4 & CS3 or there are another way to do this ?

bassemsat said
Creattive said

Thanks man … the project working well now with my friend :sunglasses:

but i have another question now if i want to convert the project to work on CS4 & CS3 … can i do this with the same function in CS4 & CS3 or there are another way to do this ?

Only with pt_opensesame

Im just trying to Open an Ae project (CS6) on my MAC (Mavericks) and its getting a message that project was created on windows 64 bit version 11 and must to convert it, but when agree the project shows messed up to work on it.

If I run a MAC Ae CC (2014) should be open CS6 files like a charm…

P.s: Like I sad, its open, but the project lose many functions.

PLEASE HELP ME! Thanks in advance.