My theme won't upload to wordpress, says theme is missing the style.css s

I tried to install my theme from envato into Wordpress and it gave me the following error message. Anyone know how to fix this?

Installing theme from uploaded file: themeforest-miFEoPuA-total-responsive-multipurpose-wordpress-theme.zip

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

Theme installation failed.

Hi @denuf23,

It looks like you’re uploading the wrong file. Please go back to your downloads page and download the theme again, making sure to select “Installable WordPress file only” – this will give you a .zip file in the correct format for WordPress.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Thanks, I have went ahead and done that and now it is completed. I want to use Total for the various pre-built demos. How do I achieve that?

I want to obtain the https://total.wpexplorer.com/webdevelopers/

Hello,

Maybe you can help me too. I am getting the same message. Now I realize there’s no “Installable WordPress only file” in my dropdown. Does this mean it cannot be uploaded to WordPress? And if not, how do I use this item to get a landing page as shown in the demo, https://demo.awaikenthemes.com/html-preview/ulaunch/1-watch-template/ ? Are there any tutorials I can follow to accomplish this?

Check the documentation - @WPExplorer are one of the top authors of all on envato and that is a proven theme, so I would expect it is a very simple process

3 Likes

Hello! You can find links to our documentation (which includes a guide to importing sample demos) as well as instructions on how to request support under the “Support” tab on our theme page:

1 Like

Hi @IngeniousMarketer,

your purchase item is a Site Templates which is html template. html template will not work with wordpress. to use in wordpress you have to purchase wordpress theme in the wordpress category.

If you want to use the html template you can use it easily just have to upload all html files and assets in your server and then run the index.html. you can edit the content using any html/php editor.

Thanks

Thanks Mgscoder,
But I have no clue how that is done. Can you please direct me to a tutorial. I earn very quickly.

Hi,

Please contact your purchased item author, item author will assist you.

How to contact an author to get support or for any technical query:

Thanks

I already contacted them, @mgscoder

After 2 days, they only read the email but did not reply. That’s why I am seeking help here.

please contact them again and ask them how you can use their template. how to setup the template in your web server … etc. hope they will reply. also you can post a comment in the item comments page. In the mean time please read the template documentation. Thanks

Thanks a lot. I will follow your suggestions.