My first item was rejected, kindly give your feedback

My first codecanyon item was got rejected. and i’m highly disappointed.
I worked allmost 2.5 months to build this script.

I’m not trying to disrespect other authors here, but I see lots of very low quality script getting approved daily. I cant even belive how that kind of scripts getting approved.

My script is highly tested, not used any thirdparty themes to build its frontend. so users can easily customize it. and backend based on latest Codeigniter framework.

all the forms also protected from CSRF attacks, XSS, MySQL injection and etc…

Documentation also hosted on github, so its freaking fast.

and its has dedicated website as well.

kindly check my demo, docs and give some feedbacks.
thanks.

demo: userpanel.scriptseries.com
docs: userpanel-docs.scriptseries.com

Login details:

Email: scriptseries.com@gmail.com
Password: Admin@123

The sad part is, the envato reviewer not even logged into my script. I can confirm that, because my script is recording each and every login sessions in its database. so I checked it right after receive envato email saying my item is rejected. no any user sessions are recorderd other than mine.

but that email telling me.

• Make sure that the code doesn’t raise any PHP errors, notices or warnings. Please set error_reporting(E_ALL)

• Please double check for common security vulnerabilities: SQL injection, XSS, CSRF etc

my script is not outputing any error messages. because its not. I highly tested it.

and its has built in security for SQL injection, XSS, CSRF etc

:frowning:

Hi,

While submitting to envato you should have uploaded the files right ?

if yes then they might try to install it in their local . and some error might occurred i think

Yes I did everthing correctly. I dont think so. they will never locally install and test authors items. they dont even look at online demo. :smile:

Some moderator on this forum telling me that checking online demo is not necessory. :smiley: so then any author can submit script with poor UI and UX. so reviewers are not checking online demo and only check source code and vizualize how its looks like :smiley:

this is crazy.

Yes i Agree with that. :slight_smile:

Hello,

The email seems to be of soft reject, not Hard Reject. Just check the points and resubmit it with proper details and i hope it will be approved.

Make sure you disable error_reporting. i.e in production

Good Luck!

Thanks @thatsblogging for your feedback :slight_smile:

I checked it again, but error reporting allready disabled in my script.

So if users want to play with my script, they simply can change the default script environment into development.

1 Like

Same here… Same reply I got after waiting 3 days.

can you tell how you managed to get it approved ?

I also developed the application in codeigniter latest version. All the forms are csrf protected and xxs_clean. Very clean code and everything. Design using simple bootstrap. I would be very thankful for your reply… Thanks!

I submitted it again. and then it got approved :smiley: