My first app needs improvement (documentation issue) any help please?

Hello everyone,

After uploading my item, today i get the result review from the Envato team,
they told me that my item needs improvement , this is the message :

The documentation is a little lacking

Most importantly, remember that buyers may not be technically inclined. They may just be looking for an item to drop into their existing code base. Also keep in mind that a typical user won't really know about all the features your system brings to the table. With them in mind, you should also look into providing a quick start guide of some sort. It need not be long: a short one will do.

You can use a premade template or the Documenter tool for your documentation, both linked below:

http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/the-documenter/40757?page=1

http://themeforest.s3.amazonaws.com/108_helpFile/Template.zip

this is the link of my documentation :

documentation

can you please tell me what’s the wrong in my documentation?

Regards.

Did you include documentation files inside the zip file you uploaded?

Hi thenextsoft,
thank you so much for your attention, yes i include all documentation files inside the zip…

appstude, please let us know when you manage to resolve the issue. I have the exact same problem and I have no idea what to do. Thanks.

hi bartasw,
they say that your documentation is a little lacking or something like that?

Exactly, I got the same copy-pasted email that you and other people received too.

ok, the solution is
you have to keep your documentation short and don’t provide a technical steps…(large text)
and try to provide external resources (links,posts or videos) to explain all the technical issues for the users
finally use the template that they sent you ,
if you follow what i say, your item will be approved because i did the same and my item is approved now.
Good luck

Hurray! I managed to get my application accepted! Here it is:

What I changed in my documentation was:

• I added a quick start guide condensing all the steps that I already had there, but in a shorter form
  • I added some screenshots from Android Studio, Facebook Audience Network dashboard and the app itself

I didn’t have to use the Envato template. I did everything in Google Docs and then downloaded the document as pdf.

I hope this will help other guys struggling with the same problem. Good luck to you all.

Good Luck for sales