Music License at an event

Can someone help me with music licensing at events we are hosting?

My company hosts two indoor events a year. We use En Vato’s music purchased from Audio Jungle in our videos that we play during our conventions. Does the standard music license cover us at these events? I read online that if we play music at an event, we need a music license with the ASCAP and BMI and it’s less than $150.00 per event?

Here’s a link that talks about music license at a public event.



The standard music license does indeed cover events. However, even though the license grants you the right to use the music, the event organizer or venue owner, may still be responsible for paying performance royalties.

You’ll want to make sure that you comply with ASCAP and/or BMI policies.