.mov to imovie

Hi Guys. I’m very new at this editing thing and totally lost. I download some clips to use for my imovie project and it won’t play or won’t take it. How do I convert to mp4 or how do I use it in imovie.

If this is the wrong forum please forgive me. I am completely frustrated with this. I dont see anywhere else where I can get help from Envato.

What format are the clips that you’re trying to use?

The clips are QT. I get this message **The document “Wall Smash.mov” could not be opened.**The file isn’t compatible with QuickTime Player.

But there have been a couple of clips that I was able to open and use in imovie. Its just frustrating because you download it and then you find out it wont work.

For example: Mac IOS no longer support QuickTime PNG RGB+Alpha. So if you have the last system on your PC (Catalonia), it’s a problem to open it. What kind of codec does your Quick Time video have?

I’m having the same issue on the clips, I get this error when trying to play the clip that was just downloaded from EE, “The file isn’t compatible with QuickTime Player.” I can’t find the codec my version of QT is using, I’m on a 2019 MacBook Pro running Big Sur if that helps.