.MOV files are not working on my computer

Hello. I purchased a yearly subscription, now I’m finding I cannot do anythign with these .mov files??? WHAT do I need to do? They don’t open anywhere and I cannot convert them…

1 Like

Hello. What operating system are you using?

1 Like

Do you have QuickTime installed on your computer? That would be the first place to start if not, as you need the QuickTime codecs installed to work with movs

1 Like

As explained by @SpaceStockFootage, you need a video player with proper codecs. VLC media player is a great option too.

Maybe you are using IOS (Catalonia or higher) and you are tring to open video file with alpha channel. Since Apple no longer supports «QuickTime PNG RGB+Alpha» format, Catalonia dosn’t see the files in this format. All authors had to update update their items changing format to «QuickTime Apple ProRes 4444 RGB+Alpha». If the author updated the item, download it again. If not, contact to the author and ask him to update the item. Or you can render needful files from old to new format on MAC with operation system lower than Catalonia

1 Like

It’s happening to me too. I am using an iMac OS Big Sur and some videos I had downloaded show me only a black screen on Quicktime. Here is an example: O Livro Eletrônico está em uma mesa de madeira. Tela de tinta Eletrônico exibe o texto do livro de RoStRecords na Envato Elements

I found a way to use these MOV weird files. I think that this is happening because of that MOV limitation that Apple introduced recently. So, if there is someone with the same problem, my tip could be to use some free software like Shutter Encoder to convert these useless mov files to another codec that QuickTime agrees to play. I chose ProRes 422 and it worked like a charm for me.

2 Likes

Thank you for the info on Shutter Encoder. That helped me a bunch. I needed to convert some .mov to .mp4 and this was super fast and made it easy.

Hi there, did you ever find a solution for this?
I am facing the same issue, and none of the converters will convert this .mov

I too need MP4 files, and cannot use these downloaded files at all.