Most Wanted: Business themes we don’t have yet - $10,000

Originally published at: https://community.envato.com/most-wanted-business-themes-we-dont-have-yet-10000/

We’re running a WordPress contest for the Best ‘Business Themes We Don’t Have Yet’ on ThemeForest.

How do you win?

The Best 5 WordPress ‘Business Themes We Don’t Have Yet’ win $2,000 each!

What We’re Looking For

ThemeForest is bursting with opportunity as many people are looking for something specific that meets their needs and expectations. While we’ve seen great success with new niche business themes like construction and transportation this past year, there are still a number of business areas that are not yet serviced on the marketplace. By creating the right business theme you can quickly move up on the sales chart, and get in front of the largest audience of active theme buyers on the planet. All ‘Business Themes We Don’t Have Yet’ uploaded between 17th February and 11th May will be eligible to win one or more of our 5 cash prizes! If you’re looking for inspiration or have an idea you’re not sure about feel free to drop us a private message we’re here to help!

To be eligible for the contest your theme must:

• Be a business theme that is dedicated to one service or purpose.
  • Be for a business type that is not readily available on ThemeForest at this time. Your business theme must be one of the first of it’s kind!
  • Include design & features that are relevant to the business chosen. Don’t include features or elements that are not relevant.
  • Service pages and details should extend further than just a basic description or lists. A more in-depth and engaging presentation of the service, specific to the needs of that industry and target audience, is integral to the theme buying experience and converting potential customers.
  • Themes with ‘placeholder’ text or images in the live preview will not be eligible. For example avoid using the default placeholder products or text (eg. “lorem ipsum” or similar). The placeholder copy must either contextually describe and highlight your theme features and/or be relevant to your theme’s content.
  • We’re not looking for Multi-Purpose themes during this contest so just stick to one business type.

It’s a Contest!

This Envato’s Most Wanted is a contest. And like any contest, you don’t want to be disqualified because you didn’t follow the rules. So as well as carefully following the procedure below, make sure you read everything in full.

Here are the key details:

• Upload your items to Envato Market on or after Wednesday, February 17th and before the competition closes on Wednesday, May 11th at 23.59 AEDT time.
  • The winning files will get a share of $10,000.
  • All winners will receive the much-desired “Won a Most Wanted Contest” badge.
  • An author can enter as many items as they wish.
  • Multiple submissions from the same author must be different to one another.
  • An author can win a maximum of one (1) “Best Item” prize.
  • Eligible items must be related to the prize categories, and meet all above eligibility criteria.
  • Final eligibility of entries is determined by Envato staff.
  • Envato staff to judge “Best Item” prize winners.
  • The quality of the theme, experience, design, functionality, uniqueness and overall relevancy to the businesses chosen will be key criteria in “Best Item” judging.
  • Envato & judges retain the right not to award “Best Item” prize(s) at their sole discretion if they deem appropriate levels of skill have not been met.
  • Prizes are payable only via PayPal, Moneybookers/Skrill, or Payoneer.
  • Only new items uploaded to the site within the contest time period are eligible.
  • The entry deadline is based on the date of the final submission/resubmission leading to the item’s approval on Envato Market. Not the date of final approval.
We’ll announce the winners a few weeks after the event closes, and send out the prizes several weeks after that. So, let’s get started.

How to Enter Your Items

What to Do After Your Items Are Approved

Once your items have been approved, do the following as soon as you can: And that’s it. Good luck!

Please Read Full Terms & Conditions Here

2 Likes

Awesome! I was thinking of a Funeral Homes but then it already exists in ThemeForest :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I want contest it :slight_smile:

Hi @falz04! Since we only have a few funeral themes I think you will be ok here. We are looking for themes that are among the first their kind. Good luck!

Hi Joshua

I would like to participate this Contest. Now i am working one Business** Consultancy Theme**. I hope its a subcategory of Business theme. Can you please let me know what niche features need to be add for participating this contest ?

Thanks
Akhil

Looking to be a part of this contest…digging my mind for new concepts and topics :slight_smile:

@JoshuaSprague

What if two authors upload same category themes in the period? Do we need to register the theme category first?

Can’t we upload a business website which is already available? may be 2-5 is already available?

Why isn’t this contest open for HTML templates? :frowning:

~Surjith

Hi,

We have a finance theme and it is under the review. So, it can be one of the candidates?

Also we are working on Landscaping Theme & Finance Theme is it eligible for his Competition?

can we upload only PSD Templates or HTML Template are compulsory ??

It says there:

Upload your items to the WordPress > Corporate > Business Category on ThemeForest

(y) great event !

Dog walkers, key-cutters and deep-sea welders. I think they’re the niches to go for in 2016.

2 Likes

Hi @JoshuaSprague,

How about a theme for Plugins/Themes/Apps/Software Provider which offers fully functionalities for that purpose? Is it suitable for this contest?

Nice contest. Good Luck guys, I´ll tried to design a Coaching or a Psychologists theme or drone company theme, lets do a brainstorm.

Yes it is a subcategory of business. As a reminder, “we are looking for a business type that is not readily available on ThemeForest at this time. Your business theme must be one of the first of it’s kind!” In general I would say we are looking for a business niche where we have 5 or less already on the marketplace at this time.

As for “niche features,” A theme should have a live preview / demo site that effectively captures the look & feel of the specific niche and should have all the needed page templates and functionality to meet that niche’s specific website needs.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Hi @surjithctly “we are looking for a business type that is not readily available on ThemeForest at this time. Your business theme must be one of the first of it’s kind!”_ In general I would say we are looking for a business niche where we have 5 or less already on the marketplace at this time. No need to be first really as we will be considering what we had before the contest started.

1 Like

Hi @ThemeMove “we are looking for a business type that is not readily available on ThemeForest at this time. Your business theme must be one of the first of it’s kind!”_ In general I would say we are looking for a business niche where we have 5 or less already on the marketplace at this time.

Hi @SteelThemes “we are looking for a business type that is not readily available on ThemeForest at this time. Your business theme must be one of the first of it’s kind!”_ In general I would say we are looking for a business niche where we have 5 or less already on the marketplace at this time. If in doubt feel free to submit anyway :slight_smile:

@SpaceStockFootage Love those ideas!