Metadata & PRS

Hey Guys & Girls!

Quick question, when entering Metadata for our tracks under ‘Artist Name’ do we enter our name as it is on our PRS account or do we enter our Envato name?

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question I just want to make sure I do it right.

Hopefully, this topic will help someone else :slight_smile:

Artist name = PRO registered artist name or nickname

More info here: The AJ Community Guide #2 - Performing Rights Organisation Royalties (PRO)

@RedOctopus, Legend! Thank you (Once again)

1 Like

Don’t forget to add your CAE/IPI number to your name.

1 Like

@RockLab I agree with the above. Also, I recently got a tip from someone working at PRS that it might be a good idea to add our audiojungle username as a composer ‘moniker’ to PRS as well, even if we don’t use it as a composer name - i.e. even if the songs are then not registered under that composer, but under a different one.

This helps them in recognising false entries in cue sheets, where someone might write ‘Rocklab’ as the composer instead of the Composer Name you’ve registered for your track. They’ll search for who owns the ‘Rocklab’ moniker, then along with the same title they’ll see that the cue sheet was probably wrong, and they can connect that to the right composer. I hope this makes sense!

They also confirmed Soundmouse is definitely something we should use, as they get all of information from them.

cc-ing @RedOctopusand @Pyjamarama who might be interested in this.

2 Likes

It’s always a good move! I wrote about this here as well :slight_smile: The AJ Community Guide #2 - Performing Rights Organisation Royalties (PRO)

2 Likes

@RedOctopus Oops, sorry I only started reading this now. Nice one! The bible of PRS, thanks for all your work man.

1 Like

Thanks! As I see now, I should actually emphisize this nick thing in my article im the nearest future :slight_smile:

1 Like