Looking for Identifyy advice!

Hey, mates!

I am a fresh member of Idetifyy and my first report finally came through and a lot of results came back with my files from the Jungle used!
So my question is this:
I didn’t register my main top-seller due to the fact that I didn’t know what kind of backlash I would be facing from authors when i register with Identifyy! Secondly that item was an official free file and it had more than 20 000 downloads (it was a nightmare then and it didn’t bring me the needed exposure and many more sales, but hey, ENVATO was a community back then, so I was happy to contribute), so I fear if I register that item it may cause mayhem and maybe harm me in the long run!
What would your trusted advice be in this situation, mates? :ear:

Thanx a lot in advance for you input and advice! :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Hi.

• did Envato provide your clients license for a free file?
  • I am not sure how it works/how it worked but something evokes me that free file is free only during that free month (or year since the beginning of that month?). I mean that someone can publish it only during that month for free. Or maybe I’m wrong?
2 Likes

I have no way of knowing! Just asking if any other author with a free files has done it and how it went!
Thanx anyways for your input, mate!

1 Like

I think You would get a licence with a free file too, no? If so the question is are the customers able to clear it with identifyy?

2 Likes

You can always ask Identifyy about this. Emphasize the fact that it was a free file for a limited time and only for Envato clients. Of course they would need license to confirm their purchase.

If there is a limitation in a publishing period it will be even easier to verify them.

You should definitely ask Identifyy what they think about this. Registering this track could make them potentially A LOT of manual work so they should decide if it’s worthy. If it’s worthy for them, it will be worthy for you.

After this share with us your experience.

2 Likes

Will do, bro! :beers:

2 Likes

But please check first if clients have licenses and if there is/was a limited time for publishing content with your music.

2 Likes

Ask Envato support team first.

3 Likes