Impact of Content ID on sales.

Hello friends! I recently registered with HAAWK / Identifyy and upload all the latest tracks there at the same time as audiojungle. At the time of registration, the receiver assessed my portfolio and recommended that I download the entire portfolio in its entirety. But!!! I noticed that my sales decreased. Based on this, I had a question. How much does this affect sales? Or is the decrease in my sales not affected at all, just a coincidence? Please share your experience, advice. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

From my experience having music registered with AdRev does not impact sales whatsoever. As long as you are upfront and include this in your item descriptions then all should be well. The downturn in sales is felt everywhere and at the moment authors are price dumping which compounds the problem.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your answer! I needed to gain confidence in my decision. Now I will be sure to protect my music from illegal use. I wish you success and all the best!

I did it recently too so I understand the feeling. In the long run it’s the wise thing to do. Also it looks and is professional so it might attract different clients who are in different businesses and understand why authors protect their work.
I’ve read too many horror stories of work getting stolen. In the unlikely case of losing some sales that is still worth it compared to getting your work pirated.

1 Like

No impact in my case.

1 Like

You can always release claims.
No impact here

1 Like

Thanks friends! This is what I was hoping to hear. I will protect all tracks from the portfolio. I hope this will not create any inconvenience to customers who have already purchased licenses. Thank you for your responsiveness!

Claim can always be released :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like