(Locked) What software do i need to edit video templates?

I don’t know anything about video editing and am playing around with Camtasia to make basic videos and tutorials.

I’m interested in buying some cool intros and would like to know which software packages I require to edit templates.

Are there any reliable easy to use open source software that can do this?

thank you in advance!

All the Video motion graphic files are editable in any video editing software. For the project files, presets and effects you need Adobe After Effects.

Massfocus said

For the project files, presets and effects you need Adobe After Effects.

Like I said I don’t know anything about video editing, is this what i need to edit the templates?

Yes,you need After Effects.

Monboddo said
Massfocus said

For the project files, presets and effects you need Adobe After Effects.

Like I said I don’t know anything about video editing, is this what i need to edit the templates?

this is the software which you can download it as trial version and see wether you will be able to do it or not

Download Trial Version

Hi!
I was going through the templates for logo intros.I am planning to buy 3 of them. I am in urgent need of it & would like the finished work before 13th sunday. My queries are:

1. Can i upload this templates on youtube & linked it to my website.
  2. How do I edit it. Whether videohive has some tools to update or we have to self edit it.If self edit, then how much time it would take.

you will need Adobe After Effects to edit the templates. After you customize the template then you can render your project in a video format and you can upload the exported movie to youtube or on your website.

If this is new to you maybe you should try hiring a freelancer to edit those templates for you, just ask on the forum. Make sure you have a decent budget if you chose this path.

Hi Sunampal,

Firstly, may i say: Don’t be daunted by just jumping in and ‘dablling’ in After Effects by yourself.

Please download a FREE trial copy of After Effects CS6 here: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Graphic-Editors/Adobe-After-Effects.shtml

NOW is the time to get into it, because soon, Adobe will not have free trial and you will have to pay $50 a month for After Effects CS7 (CC) onwards!!!

So, once downloaded the free trial, It really is quite easy to get started, and particularly editing Logo templates is the easiest - You just click the Layer and edit the text, or drop in your logo - Done!

There are many tutorials and resources on the web to help if you need it. But it is highly simple and VERY rewarding if you could spend maybe 40 minutes playing around with the Free Trial of After Effects, Then buy your logo template, then edit it yourself. You’ll be Amazed!

Good Luck

Panda.

If AE is hard then simple software solution: email+paypal.

:slight_smile:

Best regards,
Andrey

super old thread guys, super old thread…

You can use two most popular programs - After Effects by Adobe (available for both Windows and Mac with OS X) and Apple Motion (only for Mac)

can i use Vegas pro 9 to open one of the videos template ???

dvjbambino said

can i use Vegas pro 9 to open one of the videos template ???

Only Adobe After Effects. (10month old thread…)

…if this thread carries on, we’ll be asking how to use Pagemaker 7.1 and Macromedia Director :frowning:

Monboddo said

I don’t know anything about video editing and am playing around with Camtasia to make basic videos and tutorials.

I’m interested in buying some cool intros and would like to know which software packages I require to edit templates.

thank you in advance!

You can also find freelancers throughout the world on Envato Studios that will do it for you quickly and cheaply!

VideoHive Template Freelancer Editors on Envato: https://studio.envato.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search%5Bquery%5D=videohive+template

BTreeM said
Monboddo said

thank you in advance!

You can also find freelancers throughout the world on Envato Studios that will do it for you quickly and cheaply!

VideoHive Template Freelancer Editors on Envato: https://studio.envato.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search%5Bquery%5D=videohive+template

It is a 3 years ago thread…

Let it rest in peace :wink:

Time to administer the silver bullet to this zombie thread. Locked.