(Locked) Protect against a script copying / piracy (nulled)

Hello all,

I would like to know how i can do to protect a script (php, javascript) from piracy ?
What do you use?

Thank you for your help,
Fox

Develop a habit of sending DMCA’s every week.

Do nothing. Fighting piracy is a waste of time. It is must more in your interest to spend your time actively developing your skills.

mordauk said

Do nothing. Fighting piracy is a waste of time. It is must more in your interest to spend your time actively developing your skills.

+1

Once Google has indexed those links, just take some minutes to clean all of them with DMCAs. But as Mordauk said, it won’t change much things, I just sleep better once done :slight_smile:

mordauk said

+1

mordauk said

We’re having great success fighting it by providing extra features for verified licences (ie: automated updates). I’ve also seen great success in having a very prominent version number in the main graphics and item descriptions, and updating these as time goes on. People will be drawn towards new version 2.4 with extra features/fixes here on the marketplace, rather than downloading old buggy version 1.8 from a year ago.

There’s also talk of spreading your own broken items to these evil sites. Items that simply don’t work, half work or redirect to the real item purchase page after showing a nice message to the user.

Do you have a solution for verifying licenses?

Isn’t this kind of thread against forum rules? :smiley:

mordauk said

+1 code faster than the pirates can keep up

dtbaker said

We’re having great success fighting it by providing extra features for verified licences (ie: automated updates). I’ve also seen great success in having a very prominent version number in the main graphics and item descriptions, and updating these as time goes on. People will be drawn towards new version 2.4 with extra features/fixes here on the marketplace, rather than downloading old buggy version 1.8 from a year ago.

There’s also talk of spreading your own broken items to these evil sites. Items that simply don’t work, half work or redirect to the real item purchase page after showing a nice message to the user.

+2 provide additional values which can’t be pirated

Firsh said

Use the Envato API to validate licenses. We use it on our support site http://support.righthere.com. And I’ve seen other authors do the same. We only provide support for customers (= valid license). People without a valid license can’t get updates and can’t get support.

As tdbaker said offering additional things for customers with licenses makes people want to have a valid license, if you know what I mean.

Providing extra features to users is a great way to help encourage users who have pirated the software to purchase a license, but I would never completely restrict use of the system without a license.

Firsh said

There are plenty of solutions, but if your program’s important files are not encrypted it can easily be spoofed.

KBRmedia said
Firsh said

There are plenty of solutions, but if your program’s important files are not encrypted it can easily be spoofed.

We don’t limit usage with the license key - we simply validate whether the person is eligible for support or if they can download our free additional content/features.

We have had people without a license (having an illegal copy) actually ending up buying a full version because they want updates, support and free content. :wink:

RightHere said
KBRmedia said
Firsh said

We don’t limit usage with the license key - we simply validate whether the person is eligible for support or if they can download our free additional content/features.

We have had people without a license (having an illegal copy) actually ending up buying a full version because they want updates, support and free content. :wink:

I was in the same situation many times, the user had an illegal copy and ended up buying a license because he wanted free support & updates.