License or Extended License

We understand that extended license is bought to use in one of your end product. Since the author buys a extended license for a plugin to integrate into WordPress or HTML template after that the buyer’s of his product does not need to buy the regular license to use that product.

I have purchased the plugin extended license for some of my WordPress Theme and html Templates.

However some of the buyer who purchase my themes from themeforest they are asking for license key to active the visual compose and revolution sliders.

How can I help them?

You need to explain that it does not work like that.

When you include a plugin in your theme the license is yours only.

The plugin will continue to work without them needing the license code. The only reason they would need it is to activate auto updates etc.

In the case of bundled plugins the responsibility to update the plugin etc. is with the author of the theme (just like if you updated a feature in it).

For buyers to have the latest version you need to submit an update to the theme and they need to download that.

Do NOT give out the license code to the plugin or else you are breaking your own agreement by including it in the theme.

1 Like

Hey Charlie4282,

I need your help regarding a License and Piracy Issue.

One Author included my Item WP Quick Booking Manager Pro in two of his themes and giving away my item as free item with his so called theme, without asking for any sort of permission from me even without purchasing any License. Then I asked the Support team to take necessary action. Then that Author purchased an Extended License for my Item after my complaint. After that the Envato support member, tells me that the Author purchased your Extended License so it is fine . How Funny is that ??? A Thief just paid for your Stolen Thing ??? He even knows that the License has been purchased after my complain still he says, it is Fine.

Should The Stealing Author would get punished ???

This is simply Piracy.

As I have NOT given the Written Permission, so I want to see, what the Support decides eventually.
But, of course, I believe Envato will understand and Punish that Author. Otherwise, anyone will start Purchasing the Extended license for Trending good items and Make a Bundle in the Name of a Theme or Plugin and sell it away. And the Original Authors of those items will get no money at all.

Please let us know your thoughts regarding such case.

As I understand it that is not enough for them to use your plugin - unless it’s GPL licensed and they have adapted it.

If you go back to support and explain the situation then they should do something about it.