License for this Scenario?

Hello Authors,

I have a scenario for which I need your advice that whether Regular or Extended license is valid.

So, here is the scenario:
Person-A buys a PSD of a web design template, publishes it into HTML and offers it to its end customers for FREE. But he doesn’t allow them to access the code and hosts the website on his own server and doesn’t even charge for the hosting. So it’s one end product, which is distributed for free, deployed on various domain name, yet the customers don’t have the access to the source code.

Please advice, is it going to be Regular or Extended license that Person-A needs?

Thanks in advance.

Neither license would allow this. Although, if you get an extended license and permission from the author, then you’re allowed to sell the item on Envato. There’s no license that allows you to sell or give away an item elsewhere, that is basically an existing Envato item just in a different format.

2 Likes

Thanks. What if the end product is a “customised implementation” and to do so they modify the design and add new pages, sections etc. ? I’m also quoting the regular license points below:

5.You can make any number of copies of the single End Product, as long as the End Product is distributed for Free.
6.You can modify or manipulate the Item. You can combine the Item with other works and make a derivative work from it. The resulting works are subject to the terms of this license. You can do these things as long as the End Product you then create is one that’s permitted under clause 3.