Regular License Terms

Hi,

I read the license terms but I got confused somewhere with my case.

I have a web application that is sold outside Envato as locally (available only on Turkey). I want to release a theme for my app based on a HTML template that is sold on ThemeForest. Can I do this with a regular license for each client who bought the theme? I mean, if 20 customers buys the theme, I will buy 20 regular license.

you have to take written permission from the html author. in envato for doing this has a author collaboration system and will have to submit a form to envato support. Also have to maintain author exclusivity.

Please correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t it for collaborations inside Envato?

yes it is for creating product for envato with author collaboration. If you want to create theme for your own customer not for envato then for each customer you have to purchase individual license.

Now about extended license:
If the end users need to pay to see the end product, you need an Extended License. There can be more than one end user as long as there is only one end product.

Example: A website that requires money before you can access the content

otherwise regular license will be fine.

When we talk about extended license, we have come to the point where I am completely confused.

When I asked this to the support, I got a similar answer, but I cannot fully understand the situation.

I will not redistribute a design, and I would like to publish it as a theme for 1 end product that I am selling outside Envato. This will not be free but, only customers using my product will be able to purchase.

Can I do this by purchasing 1 regular license for each customer who bought the theme, or should I use an extended license?

from your side regular license is fine but if your customer take fee to get access their end product then you have to purchase extended license for that customer.

1 Like

Okey now it is clear for me, my product is a web application which is free for its users (like a regular website).