Item Rejection Issue

[Removed][Removed][Removed][Removed]

2 Likes

from your screenshot seems to me you received hard rejected and the email you received subject like this:
[CodeCanyon] Your item, … has been rejected

If it is hard rejected then no you can’t re-submit again.

Can I Resubmit A Hard Rejected Item?

• If your item has been Hard Rejected , you cannot re-submit the item.
  • Attempting to resubmit your rejected item(s) is considered an unacceptable use of Envato Market and may result in revoked upload rights .
  • You must create a brand new item and ensure it is entirely distinguishable from your rejected item.

More information here: How to Get Your Items Through Review at Envato – Envato Author Help Center

[Removed][Removed][Removed]

Hi @deluxescript ,

do not call out items, users or staff on the forums. As per our Community Guidelines

If you confident with your last changes then you can submit the item and in Comments for the reviewer you should have to mention about the last rejection and the changes you have done this time for resubmit.

Please be careful about the resubmit and check my first reply. you have to make much changes and have to make the item premium.

1 Like

Wow, atleast you got feedback from Reviewer. When i bugged the author support for months, they said they will not provide any coaching, i did not even get a few words out of them. Worked on my item for months, redid basically everything, then hard reject again.

Hi deluxescript,

Don’t re-upload your item so soon, take time to address all the issues reported, consider to extend your item with notable improvements in the design, and read cautiously:

Keep going and good luck, hope you can make it through :+1:

1 Like

[Removed][Removed]

Hi

Don’t echo/print PHP variables directly, escape these variables before echo/print.

Some examples (there are more escaping/sanitization cases):

<a href="<?php echo esc_url( $url );?>" title="<?php echo esc_attr( $title );?>"  class="<?php echo sanitize_html_class( $class );?>">
<?php echo esc_html( $string1 ); ?>
</a>

Please read:

[Removed][Removed]

My bad, you are creating a PHP script, not a WordPress theme/plugin. In your case, combine filter_var with the right sanitize filters for every output.

https://www.php.net/manual/en/function.filter-var.php

https://www.php.net/manual/en/filter.filters.sanitize.php

To escape data coming from GET/POST, use filter_input():

https://www.php.net/manual/en/function.filter-input.php

Hi deluxescript,

Yes, it is important. Except in rare cases, you need to eliminate any instance of this on all your files:

echo $

Reviewers simply don’t want you to output any variable directly. Just clean it and they won’t alert you with this issue anymore.

Please notice that they are probably using a software to detect these instances of “echo $”, so you really need to replace all of them.

Please use:

$newstr = filter_var($str, FILTER_SANITIZE_STRING);

https://www.w3schools.com/php/filter_sanitize_string.asp

Sorry about that, it seems the changes weren’t enough. If you are intending to rework the project, I don’t recommend you re-upload it so soon as you did, a hard rejection demands time. At this point, at least 10 days to make drastic changes. Even the greatest authors have experienced a rejection once, so take a breath and keep going :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi deluxescript,

Some reviewers are tolerant when starting the review, others are not. Maybe a second reviewer did the Hard Rejection after just looking your front page.

Here my insights, sorry if I’m interfering in your work, just intending to improve it:

• Bring more flexibility for the customization of the item, in a way that your customers can make their sites different from each other. Currently, if people purchase your item, they can modify only texts and icons, so all their sites will look the same. Background images are a great opportunity on this matter.

• Use a Hero image, instead to keep all thing in burgundy.

• Rework the design of “What we offer” blocks, they are very basic. For example: you could use a background image for every block and make the content and icons in white. And instead of a simple circle for these icons, try something more detailed.

• Replace the “Any Payment you want…” and buildings in the background by a Call to Action section and button. You can use a background image to the Call To Action.

• The content of your home page is very short. Try to create at least one more section. What about a carousel of Testmonials/Reviewes AND/OR a carousel of partners? I think you can use both, so the reviewer will understand you are really trying to make the item way better.

• The dropdown launched by the Hamburger menu is failing on mobile, be careful with these details. Put a background color on it:

• Glued buttons on mobile view, use margin-top to fix it:

• Rework/reduce font sizes and elements (like icons) for mobile devices, heading texts mainly:

• Some inspiration for you:

These are some improvements after a quick navigation.

Notice: If you find this is a conclusive answer, please flag it as solved (solution) to help other members of the forums.

Hi deluxescript,

I’ll leave it for more experienced users, but I think reviewers are considering approve items with more complex interfaces for dashboards, as you can see on the recent items approved:

You can see that all of them have some stat charts, at least… just an idea.