Item rejected

Hi everyone

I’ve dowloaded a music on the Envanto few days ago.
It has been rejected.
Can somebody help me to undarstand what is wrong with my music?
Maybe I can fix it or I can at least use your advises for future.

Thanks

You will need to post a link to the rejected track if you hope to get some feedback here.

Here it is

Should have dowloaded it to the internet before send it to you that why it took few days

After having a listen, I feel like the composition itself needs work. To me, the drum beat feels disconnected from the rest of the music. Once the song gets started, it doesn’t have a lot of dynamics to it. The brass doesn’t really have a distinguishable melody and there’s no breaks in between phrases. A real horn player probably couldn’t play this because their lungs would run out of air. Try to write musical phrases that you can imagine a real person would play with short pauses here and there to catch their breath, if that makes sense.

I’m not an expert at reviewing so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Ok
Thanks
What kind of tools would you recommend to make drums more conected with the rest of the music?

I think the composition itself is the main issue, first and foremost , not the tools used. The drum beat seems to be a static beat that the rest of the music doesn’t lock into. I’m not very good at explaining things so perhaps someone else can offer you some better advise.

Thanks anyway!

1 Like

I understand the atmosphere you are trying to create but I agree that the composition and arrangement needs work.

There is no clear melody, only textures of brass that sound too cluttered. You can create a clear melody and divide it between sections of brass and strings to create variation.
The percussion sounds indeed disconnected, try to make it part of the orchestra and give it some variation.

Good luck

1 Like

I would also add, don’t be discouraged. Constructive critism can be a hard pill to swallow, especially if you’ve put a lot of effort into your music, but getting a second opinion from other musicians is a great way to grow.

Thanks
I don’t get discouraged. I do understand that any cricis I hear it just can help me to understand what I’m making wrong.
I though before that the biggest problem was a quality of samples and mastering skills. But I didn’t understand that the problem could be in melody or arrangment.

1 Like

In that case it’s good to compare your track to others in the genre and study the differences. You can learn a lot from that.

1 Like