I want to transfer a license from another account to mine

Hello.

I just got a website from the previous technician who built it on behalf of the company that hired me. The previous tech, got a specific Theme from themeforest and according to their FAQ here:
https://themeforest.net/licenses/faq#

Is my license transferable?

Generally, your license is not transferable. There are a few exceptions:

1. If you are a freelancer / agency using the item for a single end product for one client. The license would in effect be transferred to the client.
  2. If you sell the single instance of an end product, such as a website installation. The license would in effect be transferred to the new owner.
  3. If you are using the item as part of an on-demand “create-your-own” service where you purchase a separate license on behalf of the customer for each individual end product they make. Each license would in effect be transferred to the customer.
  4. If you are a 3rd party purchasing a license to use as a prize / giveaway (see this help article for more information on external promotions). The license would in effect be transferred to the recipient of the giveaway.

In all of these cases, be sure to point the client / customer / recipient to the license terms and delete the item from your own systems.

Ok … So it can be done in my case but how?
There is no support or similar in Themeforest! or is there?
Does anyone know?

The buyer can transfer the license and right to use the item but it’s not possible to transfer downloads/access to updates and support etc.

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.
It’s ok. The support period is done. If they transfer it and I pay for support won’t I be able to download it?

Also… how does he initiate the transfer?

No downloads are only available to the account which purchased the item - that functionality is not transferable.

If you want to transfer the license to use it then they just need to share the purchase code with you

1 Like

So just “share it” via email? Not within themeforest?