I need help in finding the right wp theme

Hello guys.
There is too much to choose from and not always is clear how some themes are working in fact. At least to me, as I am a beginner :slight_smile:
I would like a WP theme where I can setup the homepage to promote (present) items from a single category (like a portfolio). I want to have on my homepage promoted only my photo galleries or albums. And when a thumbnail is selected to go to that specific album or gallery. The other categories (like videos, press releases, blog) should be selected via menu.

Than you for your help :slight_smile:

Hi,

Only few themes offer such:

1. A complete gallery and multimedia images/video solution with lightbox, pagination and albums.
  2. Advanced portfolio features like category filtering and the ability to show your items in every page you want.

All my WordPress themes have these features due are all based on WPTF.
You can take a look here: https://themeforest.net/user/thepixor/portfolio

Another good solution is to choose an arbitrary theme and then buy external plugins, for the gallery there are soo many good solutions but for the portfolio the only good I found is Media Grid that anyway is slow to use.

Thanks a lot for your answer. I will look into your portfolio and I will come back to you soon. Have a nice day :slight_smile: